Instrument bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument bulbs

I've had a search round the site but can not find a definitive answer on, this,

Will these fit please anyone,and how many will I need?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks all

Mark

Ps
    4Runner= 1 cam
    Range Rover=1 cam
    Galaxy=2 cams
    MG Midget=1 cam
    Ride on lawn mower=1 cam
    Generator=1 cam

Total 7 cams!!

A word to the wise mate, I tried this type of blue bulb before fitting plasma dials.

They were darker than a French chicks armpits!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      A word to the wise mate, I tried this type of blue bulb before fitting plasma dials.

wicked
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Hmm,no good then!

Was it the blue you tried? Maybe the white ones would be better?
        Thought lED would be better as they have a much longer life and are normally brighter!!

Comment

They were the blue ones mate. The white ones may make a difference, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Oooops, just noticed you're based in France, no offence meant by my armpit analogy!
          Last edited by Scorpion; 18 January 2011, 21:19.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

The prob with those is there aint enough original bulbs to replace, the led (ultra-bright) is brighter but has a narrow angle of "brightness" in other words looking at it face on it's very bright, looking at it side on it's not, believe me i did a lot of work on mine useing led's to get the dials bright and it involved (nearly) fitting one led behind each number/symbol so i fitted loads, some have now blown so i'm going for the plasma things, much better/easier/cheaper in the long run than messing with these, after all you will still have to remove the dials unit unless you have the arm of a small child combined with the grip of a plumber
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

They were the blue ones mate. The white ones may make a difference, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Oooops, just noticed you're based in France, no offence meant by my armpit analogy!
              i like "natural" in a woman
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

No just thought you'd met my wife!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  The prob with those is there aint enough original bulbs to replace, the led (ultra-bright) is brighter but has a narrow angle of "brightness" in other words looking at it face on it's very bright, looking at it side on it's not, believe me i did a lot of work on mine useing led's to get the dials bright and it involved (nearly) fitting one led behind each number/symbol so i fitted loads, some have now blown so i'm going for the plasma things, much better/easier/cheaper in the long run than messing with these, after all you will still have to remove the dials unit unless you have the arm of a small child combined with the grip of a plumber
                  Ok that being the case I'll just replace with normal bulbs then! I'm not that bothered about bright dials!!

Cheers Guys

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                    Thought lED would be better as they have a much longer life and are normally brighter!!
                    IEDs are much brighter, but your truck wont survive the first one.

LEDs would be better
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

LEDs would be better

this place rocks to night
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

LEDs would be better
                        Yeh ha ha!! Its this damm azerty Keyboard!! After 4 years you'd have thought I'd be used to it!!!

Comment

LEDs would be better
                          Brilliant! I'm sitting in front of a 4th year chemistry class trying not to pi$$ myself or explain why.....

But seriously, I had to change my speedo & during the process I took out some of the bulbs that appeared to have a green coating on them & swapped them for ordinary clear bulbs from the instrument cluster. Instantly brightened up all of the dials.

Comment

LEDs would be better
                            Funny, Andy. You beat me to it!..........Cheers....Mick.
                            " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Working...
                            X