Got it at last......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it at last......

Finally picked up my Blue '92 SSR-X 2.4 from Southampton docks on Friday. I love it Photos to follow - when I get a mo. Given it a good clean up over the weekend (that onion thing really does work on the old fag smell!) Japanese coins and weird CDs under the seats!

Even got the radio working ok with the band expander, mine has both odd and even numbers on the read-out, so seems to pick up most stations no problem - althought the fequencies bear no relation to the stations, I think I can live with that.

Just ordered the bits to do a service and coolant flush from Milner - busy weekend ahead.

Anyone know if you can get hold of the plastic pull-up knob things that release the rear seat backs (to fold down)? Both mine are missing. They appear to screw onto a metal shaft that's attached to the release mech'.

Happy Surfin'

Well done Paul. Nice choice of truck. Shame about the colour- you'll have to move to Essex or Manchester now!

The wierd CDs are worth playing just for a laugh. One that I found under the seats had Japanese versions of Beach Boys, The Spice Girls and numerous other artists. The best by far is Wild Boys, the Duran Duran one.It sounds extremely violent in Japanese.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks mate, you know when I first started looking for a Surf all I saw was that wine red colour, now there seems to loads of blue ones out there. Must have had a ship full of blue Surfs dock recently.

I was born in Essex! You know what they say "you can take the boy out of Essex, but..."

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
        Anyone know if you can get hold of the plastic pull-up knob things that release the rear seat backs (to fold down)? Both mine are missing. They appear to screw onto a metal shaft that's attached to the release mech'.

Happy Surfin'

Hehe - I think that'll be a breakers - of and if you find any give me a shout - the 4Runner is missing 1!!!
        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          Well done Paul. Nice choice of truck. Shame about the colour- you'll have to move to Essex or Manchester now!

The wierd CDs are worth playing just for a laugh. One that I found under the seats had Japanese versions of Beach Boys, The Spice Girls and numerous other artists. The best by far is Wild Boys, the Duran Duran one.It sounds extremely violent in Japanese.
          is it have a go at MARKY day today ??
          Attached Files
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Blue?

What`s wrong with blue? Pick up my blue + silver 3.0 ssrx ltd tomorrow, green is the worse i`ve seen , shall put my hiluxsurf.co.uk sticker on the windscreen and post some picks
            Rick

Comment

Originally posted by mtber
              What`s wrong with blue? Pick up my blue + silver 3.0 ssrx ltd tomorrow, green is the worse i`ve seen , shall put my hiluxsurf.co.uk sticker on the windscreen and post some picks
              [Puts hands on hips, GROWLS and asks "WHAT is wrong with green ?" ]

[sits in the corner muttering]
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

What do you mean "green is worse", you obviously haven’t seen a white one yet, they look like grounded beluga whales!!!!

Fish
                If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

There are lots of Essex lads on here with Blue/silver - became a bit of a joke on the forum!! - bit like white handbags for the Essex girls!!

Nothing wrong with them at all - they actually look quite smart (not that I'd swap my black one!!)

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Mine's Blue over Silver, it's the best colour. And I don't live in Essex either - mind you my Uncle used to.

Cheers

Comment

Feeling Guilty

Became the proud owner of my 3.0 litre surf today, NOT blue and silver according to log book it says GREEN + SILVER, Mot cert says Blue. Any way whatever colour it is I LUV it, Will take some pics tomorrow weather permitting......
                      Rick

Comment

I think Me and Linda have got it sorted Black is defianltey the best colour!!!!( specially if you like washing it)

And is a Sussex lad born and bred!!!
                        Attached Files
                        I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

i just got a silver one with big graphics not seen another one yet

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                            Mine's Blue over Silver, it's the best colour. And I don't live in Essex either - mind you my Uncle used to.

Cheers
                            Excellent choice of colour. Erm, my Dad is from Essex....

Comment

mine's blue... and on the way to the pit once due to coffee stains and soggy directions i drove though essex!... and i used to go out with a girl that when she wanted to turn the light on, she opened the door!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X