Finally gave it a good polish :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally gave it a good polish :D

Well Its the first decent days weather we've had up here for a while in 'sunny' sunderland so i decided to get it washed down at the local 'refugee' car wash for £7, and i must admit, what a good job of it they made too! i then drove home and decided to finish off the job with a good polish and it looks like a different truck!
    I even attacked all the plastic with a good bit of black trim restorer and got the satin black paint on the little bits of rust on the bull bar and back tow bar just to tidy it up and finish it off.

Only downside is now that its shiny its showing up where once upon a time it had big stickers on the back quaters and rear door from when it was a shuttle vehicle for an offroad company. I can just make out the lettering 'OFFROAD EXPRESS' and also large 'DAKAR' decals on the front doors. it actually looks pretty cool and im contemplating putting the DAKAR decals back on?
    Last edited by w33lerd33ler; 16 January 2011, 16:11.

Only downside is now that its shiny its showing up where once upon a time it had big stickers on the back quaters and rear door from when it was a shuttle vehicle for an offroad company. I can just make out the lettering 'OFFROAD EXPRESS'

Hello Si. Interesting conclusion you've come to about the "OFF ROAD EXPRESS" logo. It's actually the name of a Japanese 4x4 magazine. Someone lent me one to look at years ago. It was about half an inch thick, really top quality "glossy", full of stuff about old Toyotas, including Surfs. It also had tons of adverts for cool accessories.........One drawback, though........All written in Japanese! Never seen it again since. ( Might look on Eflog in a minute )......Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

hmmm i did'nt know that

Comment

Couple of pics might have added a little to this thread!

Watch me.
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

probably right bud! i actually took some but my blutooth dongle packed in so will have to get another from work tomora and post them up

Comment

Working...
          X