yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time job hunter CV help required??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time job hunter CV help required??

Hiya folks - I wonder if anybody could be of assistance?
    an...erm...ahem...friend of mine has been employed by the same company since leaving school - and now 25 years later - the company is starting to go pear shaped, and is starting to consider looking for alternative employment in the same mechanical/engineering/maintenance sector
    My friend has never had to write a CV before - nor a covering letter for a job application, and was wondering if any of you helpful folks on here could come to the rescue via means of info on how populate a CV or a blank template of a CV etc, and any advice on writting a covering letter.
    My friend would like to thankyou all in advance for any info and would be greatly appreciated.
    cheers All
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

What sort of business is your friend in?

I didn't have one for ages, but have been keeping mine up to date for the last 5 years or so after getting money to fund a professional one - though you'd never know!

I could email you a copy so you know what the current vogue is.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
      Hiya folks - I wonder if anybody could be of assistance?
      an...erm...ahem...friend of mine has been employed by the same company since leaving school - and now 25 years later - the company is starting to go pear shaped, and is starting to consider looking for alternative employment in the same mechanical/engineering/maintenance sector
      My friend has never had to write a CV before - nor a covering letter for a job application, and was wondering if any of you helpful folks on here could come to the rescue via means of info on how populate a CV or a blank template of a CV etc, and any advice on writting a covering letter.
      My friend would like to thankyou all in advance for any info and would be greatly appreciated.
      cheers All
      If you go on line and google covering letters , there is plenty on there to give you advice and examples , the same for a CV. I have just used it for a covering letter last week but did have a CV already typed up. If you want i could send you both mine as an example.

Paul

Comment

Thanks for your replies and the offers of help via email. I shall pm you both my email address.
        For info - he currently works as a mechanically biased maint' technician in a large factory basically maintaining and repairing NC and CNC controlled machine tools - robots - conveyors etc.
        thanks again - much appreciated..............on behalf of my friend
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes View Post
          Thanks for your replies and the offers of help via email. I shall pm you both my email address.
          For info - he currently works as a mechanically biased maint' technician in a large factory basically maintaining and repairing NC and CNC controlled machine tools - robots - conveyors etc.
          thanks again - much appreciated..............on behalf of my friend
          Try the following agencies

www.trulink.co.uk

www.bberecruitment.co.uk

www.mansell.co.uk

http://www.listgrove.com

All always look for cnc and robot maitainance engineers
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Call one of those agencies and get them to do it!
            I used to be in the rec game. If they are professional CNC recruiters, they'll know as much as you do about them.
            Get them to do you a CV and "tentatively" put it about. Oh and get a copy for yourself!

Sorry,

For your friend.

Back in the day, most employers would give someone a job if they saw "Fanuc" written anywhere on an application! Those were the days!
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
            X