Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for 3rd gen owners

Hi all
    Im running 265/70/16 tyres but im thinking of getting 265/75/16 (simply because the tyre i want is easier to get in that size)
    I have used the search function but get confilcting posts.
    So the question is how many of you are running 265/75/16 and do they catch or rub bumpers etc
    all comments welcome g1xer

G1

I run 265/75 R16 Insa Turbo Sahara's and only got a very slight rubbing on full lock on the front edge of teh bumper - 5 mins with the dremel to shave off about 5mm and no probs, even off road.

If I were running somethig a bit more road biased I don't think they will rub as it was only the side lugs that rubbed

Truck is on standard suspension apart from 20% uprated springs

hope this helps

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

When I was looking for new rubber I hammered the search button and came to the conclusion that:

It all depends ...

Basically it varies between tyre make and model and can even vary from truck to truck with the same rubber !

I bottled out cos it's the wife's daily driver and she'd moan if I started hacking it about !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

When I was looking for new rubber I hammered the search button and came to the conclusion that:

It all depends ...

Basically it varies between tyre make and model and can even vary from truck to truck with the same rubber !

I bottled out cos it's the wife's daily driver and she'd moan if I started hacking it about !

chicken
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Guilty as charged !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I run General Grabber AT2's @ 265/75x16 on a 2nd Gen. No problems at all. Might not help you out but.....

Comment

285/76/R16's used to rub on my 3rd gen if that helps at all?
              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Just put a new set of GG AT2 265/75 x 16 on my 3rd gen. I get slight rub on full lock but a dremel or similar will sort that out .
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc B View Post
                  I run General Grabber AT2's @ 265/75x16 on a 2nd Gen. No problems at all. Might not help you out but.....
                  so do I.... on my 3rd gen

there is a clear rubbing mark on the chassis at the front, but its not a problem - when the garage put the tyres on, it didnt look like they would even go past the shocks - but they did and all is fine.
                  If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

265/75/16 BFG All terrains on mine. Very slight rub when cornering with a bit enthusiasm. The tyre catches on the inner edge of the front bumper return. It is so minor I won't bother to do anything about it.
                    Cheers,
                    Mark

Comment

GG AT2's on my 3rd gen. Very slight rub on full lock. Nothing that bothers me in the slightest though. The wife sometimes hears it, I'm thinking of using it as an excuse to get the 2" suspension lift from rough trax!

Comment

Working...
                      X