Got bored.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got bored.....

Got bored this lunch time so toodled off to the local parts emporium and bagged a set of Osram Nightbreakers for £11.50 plus vat..... yippee i cried...
    Went to ronnies for sustainunce and perused halfruads for awhile....
    Decided to end the hour with a quick trip to local toyota/lexus main dealer for price on intake pipe...
    you know the ribbed for extra pleasure one from the air box to the plastic intake across the rocker....
    Well little boy waddled off to parts department with make and model and came back with printed diagram to which i confirmed required part.....
    Of he went again, on his return i could see a slight smirk on his face "that's £61.55 plus vat and can't get it till saturday".........
    £73.86 for a piece of rubber pipe.............and you can't get it till saturday.....
    Thankyou little boy but i will stick with me selfamalgamating taped one for now.........
    Remember arrows are silent.....................
    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Just buy a length of silicone pipe for £15. Job done.

I used tape on my 2nd gen for a while, til I noticed fuel consumption had gone up and performance down. On checking, it had sucked the tape into the split and it was forming a nice barrier to 75% of the airflow!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

are these osram nightbreakers any good,thinking of xenons but if they are bright il just get bulbs instead.

Comment

i have these osram nightbreakers fitted with an upgraded headlamp loom that has been fitted. It is a marked improvement over the stock setup but, I still get my own lights saturated by anything with xenons fitted either coming towards me or behind the truck but on an unlit road with noone else they are good but thats my oppinion and to be honest if you can't see the road extremely well with other motorists using it whats the point of having all the rest of the truck IE tyres, brakes suspension ETC in tip top condition when you can't see where your going??? it negates the safety aspect a bit IMO
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Decided to end the hour with a quick trip to local toyota/lexus main dealer for price on intake pipe...
          you know the ribbed for extra pleasure one from the air box to the plastic intake across the rocker....
          Well little boy waddled off to parts department with make and model and came back with printed diagram to which i confirmed required part.....
          Of he went again, on his return i could see a slight smirk on his face "that's £61.55 plus vat and can't get it till saturday".........
          £73.86 for a piece of rubber pipe.............and you can't get it till saturday.....
          Thankyou little boy but i will stick with me selfamalgamating taped one for now.........[/QUOTE]

Try Roughtrax: http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=615&vid=867

Only £18 plus delivery & VAT but you'll get it the next day.
          Mike G

Comment

Fitted the Osram Nightbreakers hoping for a big improvement. The improvement was minimal, but in saying that the Phillips ones I took out were bright anyway.

I don't know if I had set my hopes to high after reading good reports on the Nightbreakers or if I just had good bulbs in to start with!
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
              Fitted the Osram Nightbreakers hoping for a big improvement. The improvement was minimal, but in saying that the Phillips ones I took out were bright anyway.

I don't know if I had set my hopes to high after reading good reports on the Nightbreakers or if I just had good bulbs in to start with!
              i treated myself to an hid upgrade a few months ago, really pleased with the difference
              15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

i bit of hose thats lasted 18 years on your truck till now
                is worth 78 quid
                thats 18 years you will get out of it
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I reckon you had good uns in - I switched from standard H4's to NightBreakers and the difference was phenomenal, not just brighter but the whole light pattern seemed more even

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

The Standard looms restrict the voltage going to the bulbs. A truck with upgraded headlamp looms will get more light output from a set of cheapo H4 bulbs than a standard one with the most expensive bulbs on the market.
                    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Judwak you is mad boy ( i know you already told us yourself ) if you think a piece of rubber pipe is worth £78 cus its gunna last 18 years.....
                      The tyres on me push bike are 30 years old and they only cost £4.99 the pair....
                      Its the fact that its just a freekin hose, it don't do anything but channel air.
                      And they want £78 for what is basicly a pringles tube.......

Will investigate the afformentioned voltage drop once headlights are removed this lunchtime and post results......
                      Could be i have the rare model surf with low voltage drop, of course if i ever sell i will use this info in my advertisement......

going to do some work now........
                      Remember arrows are silent.....................
                      Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
                      X