• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pelicanbill View Post
    I'll lend you the money if you want to go on a trip
    Tempting, very tempting
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your opinions, it really helps, just got back in after an evening cat catching, have 20 ready for the vet to start at 9 in the morning, we have to work on a catch neuter release policy, for dogs and cats, it is impossible to find homes here in Greece for them, we have had alot go to Germany, and alot of people want to rehome them in the UK, but it is prohibively expensive, what we do comes out of our own pockets, the UK vets give there time free, we provide accomodation and meals and transport, this is the 4th one in 18 months, and we should do about 50 animals in 2 days. the total in 18 months should be about 160 to 170 animals neutered.
      The wife is well chuffed with the comments, it is her first website and took her ages, had to book computer time a week in advance,
      www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Whilst I find this extremely upsetting. I can only thank you for bringing to peoples attention and thank you for your fantastic work with the stray animal's in Greece. Had visited Crete many years ago witnessed this for myself, well done for doing something about it. Will link it to some friends on face book if that is ok with you.

Mary Leydon (Madmanc's partner).
        Last edited by madmanc; 13 January 2011, 22:28. Reason: Spelling correction
        Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Hi Mary, thanks, every bit helps, a facebook link would be great. There are alot of Greek animal lovers, sadly there are as many who hate animals. It is also built in Greek religion, that animals go to there maker intact, so lots of strays and no neutering, we have had rows with vets who refuse to put an animal to sleep, because it must go naturally. Things are changing, but very very slowly. Sadly it will take a few more generations yet, before Greece comes into the 21st century.

Comment

Furryfriendsinneed... Well that wasn't the website I was hoping it was going to be

Seriously though.. Have a donate button on every page for starters.

Also you list all the things that you need. You want to break those down into a shopping list with values for each one and/or tell people what their donations could buy i.e. £5 could buy a course of antibiotics so Ouzo the dog can recover from his eye surgery. £10 could buy a bowl... etc. etc.

Make it quantifiable and tangible.

Give case studies that have the costs that it took to acheive the happy ending

Comment

Good evening all, just to let you know, we caught and neutered 41 cats in 2 days, over the 5 days the vet was here, the total was 101 cats neutered.
              Not a bad couple of days work, Jill the Vet came from Edinburgh and the vet nurse came from Cardiff, they had never met or worked together before. Thankyou all for your comments.

Comment

Working...
              X