Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a classic ive been working on

seeing a few threads about classic cars etc i thought id post this
    its a classic ive been working on for a customer for a while now and ive just got it ready for its third respray as he cant decide what colour he wants it
    first it went cookie and black
    then green and black, now hes decided he wants it burgundy and black lol

anyway its a 1924 something or other lol , 87 years old
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

oh and i didnt get the overspray on his wheels etc, the first pic is how it looked when i turned up today lol,
    he wasnt happy with the paint job the bodyshop did last time so he decided to start making a few more bits perfect himself lol
    now its all ready to paint again hes off to the new bodyshop this week

Comment

"I'll get you penelope pitstop if it's the last thing i'll do"

Comment

Anthill mob....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

it looks in good nick..........

heres my little classic..... I took it out for drive the other day, not driven since september last year and whe, hey wish i could drive it everyday although it would have been fun in that snow lol.
          1st one is mine second pic is my little lads and mine, and the third one is mine meeting its bigger brother probably the first time they met each other since 1981...

Comment

Nice, great in the summer to rake around in, I thought the reg plate was "SHAG" shagmobile until I looked again.
            Bye the way whats the difference between a TR7 and a TR8..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

an extra 4 cylinders, extra power. and a proper sports car roar.
              i had the chance to v8 it three years ago when the top and bottom end were rebuilt but...... i opted for keeping the original engine...... and i'm not dissapointed..........

by the way i say bigger brother as there is only one digit different in the reg. and the little one called SHADOW as its the shadow of mine so to speak and the reg. almost says SHADOW (SHA169W)

it can also be found here:
              http://www.trdrivers.com/gary_yorke_s_tr7_dhc.html
              Last edited by garry; 12 January 2011, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                seeing a few threads about classic cars etc i thought id post this
                its a classic ive been working on for a customer for a while now and ive just got it ready for its third respray as he cant decide what colour he wants it
                first it went cookie and black
                then green and black, now hes decided he wants it burgundy and black lol

anyway its a 1924 something or other lol , 87 years old

$h!7 i seem to have hijacked your thread he should have kept it green and black by the way........

Comment

How about this colour, it's my father in laws.
                  1928 Model A

http://www.homejamescars.co.uk/weddi...tage_side.html
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

As its classics night heres my other toy!

Bought in 1998 from the MG Beehive in Wisbech nr Peterborough,and spent various years on and off the road between welding and body repairs. It had to rebuilt or sold before we moved to France in 2006 so I had a big push on it and got i painted and back together just before we moved down in july 2006.
                    The colour is matched to a Cadburys easter egg box,and was chosen by my wife,some love others hate it!!!!!

She's certainly not perfect but by the same token we're not scared to drive it!!!

Comment

Are those after market wheel arch extensions on the Surf?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Are those after market wheel arch extensions on the Surf?
                        Yeh I Think so! It's a Runner and I think the Runner normally comes with a chrome strip round the wheel arch.

I don't like them,the shape is wrong in my opinion,infact Richard should be packing up a set of surf wheel arches to send over to me very soon!!

Comment

Animal, if I sent you some silver hubcaps, would your be able to paint them like this? For a price, obviously.

Comment

yes mate that shouldnt be a problem at all to do
                            if you want to contact me for address etc my number is 07895393564

should only take a few days to do as well

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                              yes mate that shouldnt be a problem at all to do
                              if you want to contact me for address etc my number is 07895393564

should only take a few days to do as well
                              Excellent, I'll be in touch if the car ever gets out of the garage. I've got 2 sets of trims - one on the car and one in the boot.....

Comment

Working...
                              X