No announcement yet.

Got my First half tank of Bio in today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my First half tank of Bio in today!

...... and i'm crappin myself!

Went to pick my mate up, and show him the lift etc, and he asked if we could go for a play to test it, i told him no, cos i am skint and not got much diesel in. So he popped his garage to reveal his 1000litre tank of Bio that he puts in his TDV6 Disco. He gave me about half a tank, and said the additional 10litres of diesel that was in my tank already would be fine.
    I've been driving all day in it, and don't notice any difference as yet, but i am crapping it, waiting for something to go wrong!
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

If your mate has made it himself just keep and eye on your fuel filter and diesel pump seals. What ratio is the mix in it mate? If he has got it from a pump from a garage then you shouldn't have any probs running with it just change your fuel filter more often.
    UBIQUE

Comment

No he's not done it himself, all i know is he has it delivered in a 1000ltr drum, got filler nozzle as a normal pump would have. He said he pays £750 for it delivered.
      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Ah ok we got a similar thing aswell you xan buy in bulk in drums for x amount of £. Should be alright then it's when ya get mor oil than diesel in the mix you get probs. The oil doesn't lubricate the parts the way it should and cause seals to leak etc manufactured stuff though is usually 10-20% oil to diesel mix so you still get the lubrication.
        UBIQUE

Comment

I've just had a quote of £700 delivered for a 1000 litre IBC of EN14214 100% Bio. Obviously it would need to be run in about a 70/30 Diesel to Bio mix at this time of year but it would make for very cheap surfing during the summer.
          En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

That's not bad, for £700 your saving loads rather than filling at the pumps.
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
              I've just had a quote of £700 delivered for a 1000 litre IBC of EN14214 100% Bio. Obviously it would need to be run in about a 70/30 Diesel to Bio mix at this time of year but it would make for very cheap surfing during the summer.
              Where from dude? I think I may buy some too...
              www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I collect WVO,take it to a friend and he cleans it for me. But in winter time he uses it to turn into Bio. I had half a tank of diesel and he filled the surf up with Bio,with a 5% petrol mix. Run's fine,no probs starting. Since then i've stuck 40lts Bio in with 20 lts of diesel,pre mixed before pumping into tank. Still no probs.
                www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

If ya haven't already this makes a good read too.......
                  http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55767

Jess
                  "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
                    Where from dude? I think I may buy some too...
                    I'll look up the details for you tomorrow. It's a Fuel supplier in West Yorkshire. They have a forecourt and do Red Diesel and heating oil deliveries as well as bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                      If ya haven't already this makes a good read too.......
                      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55767

Jess
                      "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                      Peter,

You seem to have more experience than most of running on alternative fuels. Do you think the 3.0 fuel pump is up to sustained running on a high ratio of Bio?

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                        Jess
                        Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                        Peter,
                        Peter?
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                        X