jet engine for surf hmmmmm!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet engine for surf hmmmmm!!!!!

just found this vid on you tube, he has taken a ct20 turbo off a 2.4surf and turned it into a jet engine sounds mint but not sure the surf could cope without wings being fitted

heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LIQsXsNvTg

not a surf turbo but this one is better to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_Ol...eature=related
    Last edited by sabreuk; 9 January 2011, 20:03.
    UBIQUE

I hope you aren't getting any ideas of days out at Brough BAE systems ?
    Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

i just wish my surf stayed fixed long enough to tinker with it but there is no way i would attempt that mod not even if bae brough donated a turbine but could consider an old merlin engine transplant if there is any going spare
      UBIQUE

Comment

Get in the queue ! Maybe a nice radial from a Stearman ?
        Last edited by John h; 9 January 2011, 20:53. Reason: didn't look right

Comment

now that is an old engine but a nice un still think the merlin would woop it on noise though if nothing else. nothing quite like a merlin in my opinion. there is a bloke out in the us done a merlin conversion on a 55 chevy wow that was awesome.

heres the link for that bad boy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIj2GVfua84
          UBIQUE

Comment

I love these vids. Ive spent ages before watching the home made jet engines.

Someone did say though that the impeller vanes can come off without much difficulty. If the turbo is spinning at 100,000's of RPM then that would be like a bullet. The camera man was in a risky spot.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

absolutely mate, i wouldnt attempt doing that with a turbo, hell no but i can see the therory behind it. the vids remind me of a previous thread from someone who posted a mazda thing with a bloke who welded extra vanes on his turbo he got some right abuse about it lol.
              UBIQUE

Comment

Originally posted by sabreuk View Post
                the vids remind me of a previous thread from someone who posted a mazda thing with a bloke who welded extra vanes on his turbo he got some right abuse about it lol.
                What??
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I'm sure John H could source a small APU turbine from somewhere so you could do a proper job.

Does anyone remember that 'merkin who fitted a small turbine from a helicopter in an MR2? Cant remember what it came from though. It took all the space between the seats and the back bumper so it wasn't miniature by any stretch!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

How about this for a transplant......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2V7B7-gdRA
                    Remember arrows are silent.....................
                    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

hahaha... lunatics!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        I'm sure John H could source a small APU turbine from somewhere so you could do a proper job.

Does anyone remember that 'merkin who fitted a small turbine from a helicopter in an MR2? Cant remember what it came from though. It took all the space between the seats and the back bumper so it wasn't miniature by any stretch!
                        Mm got a couple of ex RN Wessex Gnome engines ready on pallets ? really for trade when I finally get me hands on a Lynx !!!

Was the engine from a Hughes 500 in the MR2 ?
                        Last edited by John h; 12 January 2011, 13:55. Reason: poor spelling etc

Comment

Cant remember what it was from. Probably was a 'merkin engine though.

Comment

The one on fleabay with twin TE58 turbines ?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

Isn't a merkin a pubic wig?
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X