33's on standard rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33's on standard rims

Has anyone got (pics please) 33x12.50's on standard 8x16" or 8x15" rims?
    Thinking of going up a size, but trying to do it withought buying some 10x15's to do it. Not really a "Weller" fan, and don't want to spend mega bucks on new rims when I have 2 sets as it is.
    Any auggestions?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

They fit and work, but it's officially to small.

Some tyre places won't fit them, some don't care and will.

The issue is they 'balloon' off the rim as the beads are pinched in and close together, they can roll more on the rims when cornering and if flat or just aired down will pop off bead easily.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yes thanks for the info, I'm aware of the problems that can happen, but I'm running 32x11.50's at the moment, on mitsi paj rims, and no issues. just thought an extra inch wouldn't make that much difference. I'm probably wrong in that assumption, but just wondered if anyone actuall runs this set up?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Cool, as long as you know.

Looks and money saved arn't as important as safe.

Just making sure you know the facts, you can make up your own mind.

(stock alloys are 7" wide BTW..)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          Looks and money saved arn't as important as safe.
          Totally agree, just wondered if anyone had done it.

(stock alloys are 7" wide BTW..)
          Oh! Bollo*ks, 12.5" on a 7" rim is quite a big difference isn't it!

Maybe need to get saving and do it properly....

Anyone want some standard rims or mitsi paj rims??? complete with tyres?
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

You don't need to settle for the weller look rims, plenty of places doing other styles.

Nowt wrong with modulars in my opinion.
            [IMG][/IMG]
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              You don't need to settle for the weller look rims, plenty of places doing other styles.

Nowt wrong with modulars in my opinion.
              [IMG][/IMG]
              I like those! They're from the bloke on ebay aren't they? He does a good deal - are the Coursers a good tyre?
              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Yeh pretty good, mine are a couple of years old now and still looking healthy.
                I got mine from Silverline with the wheels.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                  I like those! They're from the bloke on ebay aren't they? He does a good deal - are the Coursers a good tyre?
                  They were bought as a package from Silverline I think.
                  Brian

Comment

I type to slow
                    Brian

Comment

Where's the 'pendant' when you need him? Hanging around?
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Where's the 'pendant' when you need him? Hanging around?
                        PMSL.

I like those black steels lots, but my white 8 spokes the Pitbulls are on were soooo cheap. Got 10" alloys for the 33" BFG's on the Surf purely cos they are so much lighter than steels and we do some many miles with it on the road, it was worth keeping the weight down for mpg and handling reasons.

Comment

33's should be fine on 15x8's though - I've seen that as the recommended wheel / tyre combo on some of the 4" lift kits.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                            33's should be fine on 15x8's though - I've seen that as the recommended wheel / tyre combo on some of the 4" lift kits.
                            They rub less as the outside edge of the tyre isn't as far out, but it shouldn't be recommended as actual correct fitment, as previous post, its a bodge. It works, but its not right technically.

Comment

PMSL.

I like those black steels lots, but my white 8 spokes the Pitbulls are on were soooo cheap. Got 10" alloys for the 33" BFG's on the Surf purely cos they are so much lighter than steels and we do some many miles with it on the road, it was worth keeping the weight down for mpg and handling reasons.
                              Where did you get them from Tony? The 10" alloys I mean. Have you got a link? Need to start planning the 33s for the Lexurf...

Comment

Working...
                              X