Had To Buy New Batteries Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had To Buy New Batteries Today

Well I had to bite the bullet and buy two new batteries today. Cheapest I could find was on Ebay at £125.99 including delivery.

However I decided to buy from a local motor factors at £138 for the two, they carry a 3 year guarantee. £12 dearer perhaps but I like to try and help out the local guys and I wouldn't fancy trying to post a battery back if it failed during the guarantee period!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

At least it's sorted now "hopefully".

I think you were right to buy locally because like you say it would be a pain to have to pi$$ about if one became faulty.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I found one of my batteries were dead but the other as good as gold. So I know I shouldnt have but I just bought the one.. at around £60. I should have them both checked but I'm glad we have two. I had been driving on one for quite some time!
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I just bought a "heavy duty" battery conditioner/charger... its doing its stuff at the minute
        It analyses the type of battery to have and then goes through 4 stages of charging then a maintenance mode

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          At least it's sorted now "hopefully".
          I think you were right to buy locally because like you say it would be a pain to have to pi$$ about if one became faulty.
          Hopefully is right! I had the same problem with my old 2nd gen though, batteries would seem fine for days then one day flat as a pancake.

Two new batteries and the problem was solved!

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          I found one of my batteries were dead but the other as good as gold. So I know I shouldnt have but I just bought the one.. at around £60. I should have them both checked but I'm glad we have two. I had been driving on one for quite some time!
          I checked both batteries with a multimeter and they were both showing the same charge, never had them drop tested though. The charge just seemed to slowly dwindle away. Both batteries were dated 2004 so they were due a change anyway.
          'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
          X