3rd gen tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen tailgate

I had some problems with the lock sticking, and in an unsubtle moment accidentally succeeded in pushing the lock barrel into the door, where it now rattles around. This means I can no longer open the tailgate!

Is there a way of releasing the lock, or getting into the tailgate locking mechanism without opening it? I had a look at the plastic internal trim today but cant see any screws. Is it a prise off jobbie, or are there screws which are on the sides?

I dont need to fix the barrel really as I have a remote locking kit I'm about to fit, but I need to fix the mechanism so it release the lock once again.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I've just had a look at mine and there are no screws around the perimeter so it must be clipped somehow. Do you not need this off anyway to rig up the central locking system?? Other option maybe,is lower the window and coat hanger it open!!

Comment

Central locking connects at the body control ECU, not doors. So you reckon you can get a coat hanger down past the window and somehow hook the lock?

Anyone got a photo of a 3rd gen tailgate with its clothes off?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        I had some problems with the lock sticking, and in an unsubtle moment accidentally succeeded in pushing the lock barrel into the door, where it now rattles around. This means I can no longer open the tailgate!
        You ham fisted clot!

The whole tailgate panel unclips like the side panels, don't break anything!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Mmmmm...

Done a lot today though. Took centre dash and console out to give em a damn good clean and fit my new stereo and a scanner. Also removed the manky old fag lighter and ordered a 12V socket to fit instead, and removed the ashtray assembly to leave a space to fit a speaker for the scanner.

Just pushed my luck really... "wonder if I can fix the lock on the tailgate..."?

I don't have the rear heater matrix in this one so am going to take that part of the centre console out tomorrow and see what size 240VAC inverter I can fit in there - and as its gonna be sunny tomorrow, do an oil change with a lovely OEM filter and some lovely Fuschs 5W-30 fully synth oil
          Last edited by Apache; 8 January 2011, 21:32.

Comment

Won't the inverter get a bit warm tucked in there?
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Not with a fan fitted

Comment

Working...
              X