turbo powered...constantly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo powered...constantly

i took big foot for its first motorway drive yesterday and the turbo was on the whole time! i stuck at about 65mph, with 2500rpm (at 70 ats about 2900rpm). surley the fuel consumption is greater with the turbo on and i could literally see my fuel gauge go down. is there anyway i can turn the turbo down?
    in my haynes although it does not cover turbos it does mention that bad consumption can be caused by a dirty air filter (which mine is a little) though it will not account for yesterdays wallet emptier.

the turbo is "on"all the time but it boosts when you have got your foot down, thats what the light means.fuel consumption is crap because youve got a two ton truck which is not designed for motorway journeys and is not even slightly aerodynamic.mine does about 20-22mpg, my mates amazon is a 4.2td and his does the same so do landys,pajs and most large vans.as for fiddling with the turbo i don't know about that but i wouldnt bother

Comment

have a look here... it tells you how the turbo works...
      http://auto.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by mat1
        i took big foot for its first motorway drive yesterday and the turbo was on the whole time! i stuck at about 65mph, with 2500rpm (at 70 ats about 2900rpm). surley the fuel consumption is greater with the turbo on and i could literally see my fuel gauge go down. is there anyway i can turn the turbo down?
        in my haynes although it does not cover turbos it does mention that bad consumption can be caused by a dirty air filter (which mine is a little) though it will not account for yesterdays wallet emptier.
        Thats normal.Change the air filter.Mine is the same and get about 9.5 Km/L or 10.5 L/ 100Kms

Neville

Comment

cheers for advice. best start saving up as next weekend i have to pop down to st ives to see a mate. hour and a half on the A30 will use loads!! i used enough just going to plymouth yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by mat1
            cheers for advice. best start saving up as next weekend i have to pop down to st ives to see a mate. hour and a half on the A30 will use loads!! i used enough just going to plymouth yesterday.
            Dont you just love that A30 especially in the summer hlidays. why not pop in to see THE DUKE as he is in PENZANCE
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

if you pass plymouth on sunday the f1 offshore powerboats are in town race starts at 1pm. twin v12 lambourghini's, see what mpg one of those would give you fellow surfer

Comment

come on down!!
                ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

on a sumer weekend my time on any devon and cornwall road is limited! other wise i will just ram that lovely chrome bumper straight into the back of a caravan or old montego estate(with suitcase and windbreak on roof and rear bumper on the road!). something tells me that as i approach goss moor its going to get a little slow...?

Comment

Working...
                  X