@Blackpoolsparks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Blackpoolsparks

Hi Gordon, I seem to remember that you fitted clear rear light clusters to your 3rd gen, I thought you had posted a picture up but I can't find it.

They look nice in the ad I've seen but do they look good on the truck and would you recommend them?

Thanks. Jim.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

gay alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brian

Comment

Jim, have a look here...

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/images/page...lights_jpg.htm

I changed one and took pic for comparison to stock.

They arn't completely like 'lexus' style, but clear still, are they what you are talking about?
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        gay alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Yes, yes, I know! I was ready for the abuse Brian.

The thing is with the truck being silver grey and all the indicators being clear I thought it would look nice if all the lights were clear. It's never going to see mud mate, sorry but I'm rejoining the 'Shiny Club' again!

P.S. Can I still come on your road trips to Applecross etc?

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        Jim, have a look here...

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/images/page...lights_jpg.htm

I changed one and took pic for comparison to stock.

They arn't completely like 'lexus' style, but clear still, are they what you are talking about?
        They're the ones Tony. £76 delivered from Roughtrax and £73 from Ebay,I can't seem to find them any cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
          Yes, yes, I know! I was ready for the abuse Brian.

The thing is with the truck being silver grey and all the indicators being clear I thought it would look nice if all the lights were clear. It's never going to see mud mate, sorry but I'm rejoining the 'Shiny Club' again!

P.S. Can I still come on your road trips to Applecross etc?
          It was all in fun mate I actually like clear fronts and side repeaters.
          Ha them on my old blue 2nd gen.

We plan to run for Cape Wrath in Aug if you are interested.

Last year was a cracking trip, east and west coast and up into Sutherland.
          Brian

Comment

Hello, girlfriend

I got mine from Rougtrax, and at the moment theyre off the truck.

Heres the problem:

The capless bulbs which are painted red dont last very long and after about 3 weeks you end up with pink tail and stop lights.
            I've used LEDs in the past, but didnt think they were bright enough.

LED technology has come on a bit since last summer, but i cant find a dual filament (so to speak) T20 anywhere.
            I was thinking of doing a proper custom job on them in the summer and installing multiple single LEDs within the light body on the two separate circuits.
            But that will have to wait till i have some time.

So really, unless you can find a good, plug in, dual element, red led T20, I wouldnt bother.
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Thanks for the info Gordon. I think I'll just keep my money for the moment and maybe invest in some clear lenses once the bulb situation is resolved. (I may need to buy 2 new batteries and the money will be better spent on those).

I'll keep an eye open for your post when you find something bulbs and refit your rear lenses.

Thanks again for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                It was all in fun mate I actually like clear fronts and side repeaters.
                Had them on my old blue 2nd gen.

We plan to run for Cape Wrath in Aug if you are interested.

Last year was a cracking trip, east and west coast and up into Sutherland.
                I knew you were kidding mate, I've been on here long enough to know a Yoshie leg pull!

Will keep an eye open for that trip you have planned. It would be great to meet up with all the people who attended the Applecross outing.

Comment

I found this type of led much brighter than the original bulbs (I had similar problems with the bulbs turning pink), use the original bulbs for reverse though, the led's are real bright to look at but they throw out naff all light to reverse with.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-7440-7443...item2c59cf317d
                  Neal

Comment

Nice one Neal, you may have renewed my interest in clear lenses again!

Comment

Don't forget you'll probably need 50w resistors (there is room behind the clear lens to house these) or led relays with the indicators or they'll flash rapidly. There is a hi power version of these that are supposed to be even better than the SMD type but I haven't tried them, just don't get the standard 24 or 15 led type, their rubbish.
                      Neal

Comment

Great find Neal,
                        I'll definetly look into these (no pun intended)
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

OK
                          Just ordered these 3

If you want Scorpion, I'll sell you the 30 SMD LEDs if the high power ones are good.
                          or vice versa

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1215wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_1215wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_819wt_1139

BPSparks
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

, If your going to use resistors, I'd recommend soldering them rather than using the spade or bullet connector type, they worked fine for a while but every now and again I'd find the indicators flashing rapidly (despite the connection being good and tight), soldering has stopped this issue completely. It may have just been cheap naff connectors but I re-did them a couple of times with the same results before I finally soldered them, teach me for being lazy .
                            Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                              , If your going to use resistors, I'd recommend soldering them rather than using the spade or bullet connector type, they worked fine for a while but every now and again I'd find the indicators flashing rapidly (despite the connection being good and tight), soldering has stopped this issue completely. It may have just been cheap naff connectors but I re-did them a couple of times with the same results before I finally soldered them, teach me for being lazy .
                              Will do, thanks for the heads up
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                              X