Veg oil at Tescos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg oil at Tescos

Tescos in Honiton (Devon) had 1 litre bottles of Spry cooking oil for £1 yesterday. (Wierdly, 2 litres was around £2.60). Not as cheap as a wholesaler, but still a 30% saving over pump prices.
    My missus was with me and gets worried about looking suspicious so we only got 10 litres (for the chip fryer of course, officer!)
    It may heve been a pricing error, but worth looking into at your local store.

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
    Tescos in Honiton (Devon) had 1 litre bottles of Spry cooking oil for £1 yesterday. (Wierdly, 2 litres was around £2.60). Not as cheap as a wholesaler, but still a 30% saving over pump prices.
    My missus was with me and gets worried about looking suspicious so we only got 10 litres (for the chip fryer of course, officer!)
    It may heve been a pricing error, but worth looking into at your local store.
    You don't need to worry. It's perfectly legal as long as you're not buying insane amounts - up to 2,500 litres a year.

Comment

I used to buy the boxes of 20 (?) 1 litre bottles from Lidl a few years back when it was 42p a litre. I used to buy something like 4 or 6 boxes at a time. Saved me a fortune!

I gave up doing it when the prices rose to 80 - 90p a bottle as it wasn't worth the hassle, but given fuel is going up again, but foodstuff isn't, it might be becoming worth it again for those who wish to.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

They had some 1lt bottles in Lidle for £1 and with derv hitting the £1.30-40 mark it maybe worth buying it, although i suspect it will soon shoot up again as the derv prices hit transport costs,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Remeber going to Tescos at 11pm when they had a deal on and pushing around a trolley with about 15 10l boxs of KTC in it and passing two other guys doing the same thing!

Many knowing grins were exchanged (though for all I know they both owned chains of cut price mud wrestling emporia)

Comment

The local asian shops sell the 20Lt drums, not been in since a couple of weeks before Christmas but can get 20 lts for £18 which is not to bad espacially @ £1.30 lts diesel.
            Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post

Many knowing grins were exchanged (though for all I know they both owned chains of cut price mud wrestling emporia)
              Yeah, I used to use it to lube up my black rubber bedsheets...
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
              X