Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Batteries ......

... are they the same as the 2nd gen?

The money pit has opened already, batteries going flat after 3 days if not used. What a start to the new year!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

I believe thay are the same.

I only have 1 battery though. The petrol engine is much lower compression thus easier to spin.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I also only have the one battery but i think the best place to go is toyota or halfords TBH jim.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

they are the same, i went to a local batt place cost me £180 for the 2.

Comment

Scorpion,
          Check your door, bonnet and tailgate light switches. I had a similar problem and found that the tailgate was only part shutting and leaving the interior lights on which flattened the batteries over a couple of days.
          Cheers,
          Mark

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DEAL-PAIR-1-X-...#ht_2084wt_883

try this

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
              Scorpion,
              Check your door, bonnet and tailgate light switches. I had a similar problem and found that the tailgate was only part shutting and leaving the interior lights on which flattened the batteries over a couple of days.
              Cheers,
              Mark
              Cheers Mark, already checked all the obvious things that normally cause these problems and everything is fine.

One battery is dated 2004 so I'm assuming they both must be over six years old.

Cheers Gary, already spotted those ones mate.

Charged them up and they're showing 12.5v fully charged, 13.8v with the engine running. Haven't tested them individually though.
              'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
              X