yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the differences between Surf & 4 Runner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the differences between Surf & 4 Runner?

Apart from one being UK model and the other Jap, what are the differences between the two? I was just looking at a pic of a 4 Runner, and couldnt really see any difference?

Just for fun of course, i'm just curious........
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

AFAIK, its just extras. The Surf tends to have more toys as standard, and usually an autobox.

Oh, and the 4Runner <generally> is rustier due to it being officially in the UK all its lifetime.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      AFAIK, its just extras. The Surf tends to have more toys as standard, and usually an autobox.

Oh, and the 4Runner <generally> is rustier due to it being officially in the UK all its lifetime.
      Correct sir.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

The manual runners have a solid flywheel and surfs have a dual-mass flywheel. There is some slight difference in the engine, but what it is escapes me. 4runners do not have cup holders - Beware! Most don't have aircon either. 4runners have a fog light set into the tailgate and grey bumpers. That's about it.

Comment

Yeah, worth buying a 4Runner for the foglight...

Or maybe the solid flywheel
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Or maybe the rust!!!!
            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Long style number plate on the tailgate, factory fitted foglight in the tailgate, (basically a different tailgate!) headlight beam, aim adjuster on the dash, the upper wishbones appear to be slightly different i.e. no need to chop out the lip when fitting balljoint spacers, top tinted windscreen, mph speedo, different underslung spare wheel mechanism, grey painted front grille................

Comment

Ya forgot the rust Vince ......

Jess
                "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Mines got a cup holder, two fog lights in rear tail gate and colour matched bumpers and end caps and a black grille with silver surround and a sun roof, no aircon.
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

i want a cupholder in my 4runner! am i able to remove one from a surf and pop it straight into mine? is it as easy as that?

Comment

Originally posted by srbsma View Post
                      i want a cupholder in my 4runner! am i able to remove one from a surf and pop it straight into mine? is it as easy as that?

More or less yes it is. The space where it goes on the Runner just has a blanking plate in it.
                      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                      My choice
                      Back off

Comment

don't forget the 3.0 diesel 4Runner isn't EFI, no none of the electronic gubbings.

Just needs a fuel line, charging wire, and a fuel cut off wire to run.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X