newby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newby

hi all,new to the forum so just saying hi.
    just bought a hilux surf 3rd gen in pearl silver.
    had a couple of old hiluxs in the past for offroading,toy etc but with an expanding family and 2 dogs i needed something big enough with all the toys to replace my mondeo.
    the truck has some 'tasteful' mods which ill be looking to replace with standard parts so ill be checking out the for sale section a lot!!
    cheers,rollo

Hi and welcome
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hello welcome
      “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Hi Rollo - welcome

What are the specs of your new truck? Petrol or Diesel?
        Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaft120 View Post
          Hi Rollo - welcome

What are the specs of your new truck? Petrol or Diesel?
          hi,its a p reg 3rd gen turbo diesel intercooler,ssr-g.
          i bought it off ebay last week,its a pearl silver colour and came from portsmouth.
          its got a stupid twin exit exhaust,lexus lights,american alloys and some tacky running lights on the rear bumper,oh,and a lexus badge on the front.
          im going to return it to standard when i figure out what lights to buy,standard wheels with winter tyres,standard exhaust and badge and remove the running lights.
          it also needs some paintwork,the rcl has stopped working and the rear seatbelt isnt long enough to go round my child seat,but i have bought something to fix that,soon ill have the bumper repaired,theres a couple of dents on a door and the 1/4 panel and some paintwork.its in pretty good condition for a 96 truck from the other side of the world!

Comment

Hi rollo ford, errrr that stupid exhaust you've mentioned, you don't fancy selling me it do you.

Oh & can you take a pic of it so i can see what it looks like if you do decide to sell.

By the way, welcome
            If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hello Lee. Welcome. If you post some pics of the parts that you need to replace, someone on here may offer you a deal to trade for the original parts that you want. Dont forget to pay your fee for advertising on the forum, though....Good luck....Cheers....Mick.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

"the truck has some 'tasteful' mods which ill be looking to replace with standard parts so ill be checking out the for sale section a lot!!"

Lulz - You'll have no problem swapping most of that, a lot of the members here are very.... "tasteful"
                Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

I dont mind swapping a set of original 3rd gen 16" alloys for your 'stupid American Racing' ones if you fancy

Are they 'Outlaw' or 'Baja' style?
                  Last edited by Apache; 7 January 2011, 12:47.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Lets have some Photos just incase someone likes what you want to Swap
                    Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

I saw this on the bay last week, I liked the exhaust !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1996-TOYOTA-HI...item1e607f4457

The photobucket link he quotes in the ad has been taken down, but those wheels... aren't my thing either.
                      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I quite like the wheels. I also like the LED indicators built in to the rear bumper and the wing mirrors, and I like the idea of a stainless steel exhaust

Bogus
                        Сви можемо

Comment

Is that the OPs car?

If so, not wanting the wheels. Bit 'bling' for my taste, but they suit the silver truck.
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Is that the OPs car?

Im sure he will tell us, but I reckon it must be. As he already said in another thread, he bought it off ebay last week and drove it home from Portsmouth. Id be confident enough to put a wee wager on it.

Bogus
                            Сви можемо

Comment

Yeah it is his car, I was having a good look at Surfs for my brother last week and checked this one out on line. It had the dual twin-tail exhausts which looked good if you asked me.
                              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Working...
                              X