@ vince bushwacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ vince bushwacker

hey up mate could ya do me a mahussive favour PRETTY PLEASE would it be possible for you to go have a look at a surf for me, its not far from your addy. if ya can, can ya let me know if its worth getting or not, its not going on the road its for the parts and engine. if not no probs i might have to come down and maybe pop me head in and have a natter if you dont mind.
    UBIQUE

Let me know the details, I'm out and about tomorrow anyway, got to go to Cardiff at some point.

Comment

its in blaenavon, Torfaen, could i get your email addy ill give ya the rest of the details on there if thats ok bud,
      UBIQUE

Comment

850 quid for a 2.4 that you're going to break up??

Not being funny, but by the time you get it home you're going to be nearly a grand out of pocket!

Comment

lol yeah thats the one, its for the engine more than anything but yeah the bits i didnt need was gone break it up. busted still cheaper than £1300 for a bare recon off the same place i just need to get mine running again, if you dont think its a good idea then ill leave it.
          UBIQUE

Comment

Seriously, it's a lot of money to shell out just for an engine.
            Wait 'tll Stormforce gets back to you, he could probably get one delivered for around 300 quid.

I have a 2.4 block here from a 1990 2.4 without all the ancillaries on it, but with a suspected cracked head if it's any good to you. It's sat on the gargae floor taking up valuable space. I was going to weigh it in so you can have it for 50 quid if you want it?

Comment

ok bud ill wait for stormforce, but yeah your stuff sounds good to me bud, if stormforce hasnt got an engine ill buy your bits and build an engine, thanks for your help though bud most appreciated. if you got anything else ya want rid of let me know, ive just about rebuilt my lux but still need a few bits, other than an engine lol.
              UBIQUE

Comment

I've got a couple of auto 'boxes going spare!

Did you ever flog any diesel engines on Yotatech?

Comment

no i was gona start importing diesel bits and bobs and engines to them a long while ago got a fair bit of interest from them aswell, i did manage to send some servicing parts over to a couple of guys over there but then i got posted away with the forces, i did have a lil cushy set up usuing us military flights to get the stuff over to them from a couple of us army lads i knew and had worked with, nothing big though. if i hadnt of got posted id of still been doing that and maybe be able to buy a new hilux by now then after i got back from abroad i ended up in east yorks as a senior instructor which is where im now based. what i did notice with the yotatec lads though the guys that have diesels over are lost on fixing them, there all petrols over there so if they get stuck i try lend a hand. but they do come up with some good bits and bobs fabrication wise and good wright ups, also a few proper bodge jobs are you registered with yotatec aswell mate?
                  UBIQUE

Comment

Yes, you've visited my profile page a while back remember?

Comment

doh! im sure we had a disscussion about my surf being 150bhp on yota tech aswell if i remember rightly, i said mine was chipped and which at the time i honeslty thought it was, turns out it realy wasnt, the bloke i bought the lux off was a numpty and gave me a rolling road printout of something with 150bhp wasnt the lux, he also claimed it had a hks bottom end and cam in it it realy didnt neither, we did have a little chat with me telling him what a ####er he was for feeding me shit, it came to light when my supposed new cam belt and new engine snapped and took the valves with it so did a strip down and fook me it was all standard, i was a lil cheesed off, so i do owe ya an appology for that you was right all along christ that was going back a fair few years if i remember.
                      UBIQUE

Comment

Working...
                      X