Sky lantern mayhem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky lantern mayhem

Tip 1 - dont get them ready an hour before in a damp atmosphere - they dont fly too well and we nearly set fire to a neighbours tree
    Attached Files
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Ahh, so thats what it was that I saw earlier in the sky, I thought it was a hot air balloon in trouble.

Comment

Quality! Happy New Year to you and yours, Andy and Vince.
      En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

The third pic is said Sky lantern burning in neighbours tree. He came outside, shouted incoherently something about happy new year and UFOs... and the lantern went out without causing damage...

Have a good one all. Vince... I see the hanging of doors having a great influence on your life in 2011...

Comment

hahaha The Mrs just shouted me up from downstairs, 'simon, come up quick theres 5 aeroplanes in the sky above us!, must be some kind of military thing!'... hahaha iv just showed her the pic of your lanterns in the sky, identical to her 'military aircraft'

Comment

Tell her the poor #######s were on fire and heading for a fiery death

Comment

Hundreds in the sky round my end.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Oooooh, could get painful!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  Oooooh, could get painful!
                  Maybe I could have worded that a bit better.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I tried the lantern thing again.

First one, when it eventually got airborne, crashed into 2 gardens before buggering off into the night sky. Nae doubt it'll have destroyed something. on its way

The second one. Well, we lit it, let it get warm enough so we had to kind of hold it down, let it go; then the chaos began.

It floated about 10 feet into the air, then headed back towards the house. Once it hit the house, it dropped down to about 6 feet and nipped into next door's garden, where it decided to gain a bit more hight. It started slowly rising towards the next door neighbour's next door neighbour's OPEN upstairs window. Luckily it was too big to actually get in to the house.

Anyway, once it had re-crashed, it started to drop again and decided to wrap its self round next door's phone wire. Obviously the bit with the flame was next to the wire.

So, armed with a clothes pole, I went into next door's garden and unraveled the, now burning, lantern. Hopped back over the fence. Swore a lot, put the fire out and went back into the house; only to find my brand new slippers were covered in dog sh1t from next door's garden.

Been a fcukin' brilliant year so far!
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      I tried the lantern thing again.

First one, when it eventually got airborne, crashed into 2 gardens before buggering off into the night sky. Nae doubt it'll have destroyed something. on its way

The second one. Well, we lit it, let it get warm enough so we had to kind of hold it down, let it go; then the chaos began.

It floated about 10 feet into the air, then headed back towards the house. Once it hit the house, it dropped down to about 6 feet and nipped into next door's garden, where it decided to gain a bit more hight. It started slowly rising towards the next door neighbour's next door neighbour's OPEN upstairs window. Luckily it was too big to actually get in to the house.

Anyway, once it had re-crashed, it started to drop again and decided to wrap its self round next door's phone wire. Obviously the bit with the flame was next to the wire.

So, armed with a clothes pole, I went into next door's garden and unraveled the, now burning, lantern. Hopped back over the fence. Swore a lot, put the fire out and went back into the house; only to find my brand new slippers were covered in dog sh1t from next door's garden.

Been a fcukin' brilliant year so far!
                      i like it!

Comment

There big enough aint they!! ya need a gas bottle to get them off,
                        i heard farmers are complaining about em as some come down and set fire to a barn, sod all sense of humor farmers!

Love the dog $hit on the slippers ploy! expect they planted it there just to catch you creeping about their property at night, i expect you will recieve a call from plod with a sniffer dog sometime today
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

there was loads of them over town last nite.

Comment

Just been outside and our lantern is looking rather battered in the neighbour's tree. A quick look around confirms ours wasn't the only one to meet that fate

It was quite spectacular later on because there was a bunch of people up on the hills (which you can see from our garden) and they launched about 20 of them from up there. Looked great!

Comment

@ Albannach
                              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                              X