anyone fitted these???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone fitted these???

im thinking about getting these, i think there lovley and would transform the dash make it look more modern, anyone had, seen or fitted them before??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yeah quite a few have fitted them, they do look stunning when lit, just take care removeing the instrument "needles" and make note of your idle speed on the tacho beforehand , then run the engine at idle when refitting,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Yeah mate I've got them in, I posted the bids and pics on here if you do a search for plasma gauges should bring my thread up with the vids
      UBIQUE

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
        Yeah quite a few have fitted them, they do look stunning when lit, just take care removeing the instrument "needles" and make note of your idle speed on the tacho beforehand , then run the engine at idle when refitting,
        good advice, thanks mate.

i used to make custom dials for mainly scoobies in photoshop and use my photo printer to print them off any colour, logo or pic on them and sold many on ebay. i only sold them for £3 a set but i was selling at least £20 sets a wk for a long time so it sharp builds up! i was going to make my own set of custom white dials for the hilux but then spotted these and thought they look lovley!

are they pretty simple to wire up?? do they just tap into the exsisting sidelight feed like the normal dash lights? anyone done a thread on fitting these before??

Comment

You need an earth and a switch live to getcthem working the glow is built in to the dials so you no longer need bulbs, I got all the pics of how I did it if you want me to post them mate. It is quote an easy set up. The only thing is you need to think where the dimmer switch for them goes and it's a bit fiddly. Like I said if ya want a step by step then giz a shout.
          UBIQUE

Comment

Originally posted by sabreuk View Post
            You need an earth and a switch live to getcthem working the glow is built in to the dials so you no longer need bulbs, I got all the pics of how I did it if you want me to post them mate. It is quote an easy set up. The only thing is you need to think where the dimmer switch for them goes and it's a bit fiddly. Like I said if ya want a step by step then giz a shout.
            yes please mate id love to see them!

Comment

Ok bud I'll get the pics posted, if you wana see them working search for plasma gauges my vids are there of them working.
              UBIQUE

Comment

Ok bud I'll get the pics posted, if you wana see them working search for plasma gauges my vids are there of them working.
                they look fantastic! good vid, im definately getting them. i recking £40 to completley modify the dash is well worth it!

Comment

just my look, albannach had a set for sale but i missed out ah well gues eBay it is then!

Comment

they are good mate and they flip between green and blue depending on your mood, im just sorting the pics out now for ya.
                    UBIQUE

Comment

they are good mate and they flip between green and blue depending on your mood, im just sorting the pics out now for ya.
                      great, i like the look of your boost guage too! iv never ever fitted a boost guage, was that easy to fit? what sort of cost was that?

Comment

I didn't fit em to my truck as when a bulk purchase offer from someone on here come up i'd already started to fit leds in there, but did fit em to "BDT"'s
                        feed and earth we just tapped into the original wiring for the backlight's, i think its (sitting in the drivers seat looking at the instruments) the second wire in from the left, (feed) if i remember right it's green /black trace, forget which the earth is but not hard to find, in fact any dash light feed will do,
                        i also seem to remember we had a slight prob with the needle stop pin and the belt change reset button, but if we did it anyone can, i mention being carefull with removeing the needles as bd broke one of em getting it off,
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          I didn't fit em to my truck as when a bulk purchase offer from someone on here come up i'd already started to fit leds in there, but did fit em to "BDT"'s
                          feed and earth we just tapped into the original wiring for the backlight's, i think its (sitting in the drivers seat looking at the instruments) the second wire in from the left, (feed) if i remember right it's green /black trace, forget which the earth is but not hard to find, in fact any dash light feed will do,
                          i also seem to remember we had a slight prob with the needle stop pin and the belt change reset button, but if we did it anyone can, i mention being carefull with removeing the needles as bd broke one of em getting it off,
                          yep i reccomend using a pair of spoons facing backward one on either side of the needle base the gently press down on the handle and the needle pops straight off. its what iv done whenever iv fitted dials in other cars always worked a treat but i did snap a few needles till i heard of this technique! very easy to do.

Comment

ill start a new thread named fitting plasma gauges and do the wright up aswell but you do get a good set of vehicle specific instructions with the kit. and yes the speedo dial does not have a hole for the stop pin but mine was ok with out, its more the rev counter that needs the pin but there is a pre drilled hole in the new dial.

the only tip i got on fitting is dont fit the cover back on till you have sorted your needles out can be tricky getting them back normal.

and best tip on getting your needles off is a hairdryer and two tea spoons heat the needles with the hairdryer and put the spoons carfully under the middle of the needle and gently prise up should come off ok if you put enough heat to it. but you dont want it hot enough to melt the plastic.
                            UBIQUE

Comment

will the fuel guage find its own place again or will i have to put the needle back exactly where it was?

Comment

Working...
                              X