lifting my surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifting my surf

HI IM LOOKING AT LIFTING MY SURF AND IM WANTING ADVICE ON WHAT IS BEST. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT BODY LIFTS AND SUSPENSION LIFTS BUT IM NOT SURE WHICH ONE TO GO FOR CAN ANYONE HELP

Personally i would opt for suspension lift first, 2" lift kits are not too expensive, then if you want more i would do the 2" body lift too!! I am sure a few people who have lifted their surfs will be along to offer advice, i havent done mine so not too sure about the details of it all!!
    Piccies when its done please
    If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
    I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nexus
      HI IM LOOKING AT LIFTING MY SURF AND IM WANTING ADVICE ON WHAT IS BEST. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT BODY LIFTS AND SUSPENSION LIFTS BUT IM NOT SURE WHICH ONE TO GO FOR CAN ANYONE HELP
      dont do it i tried and put my back out! THEM SUSFS ARE HEAVY
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by nexus
        If you go to the Uxbridge Autoshow next Sunday , you can watch as Jotto does a 2" bodylift on his Surf at the show . Will be fun to watch ! Or you could help and see for yourself how its done .

Rick
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

If money is not a problem, go for a suspension lift. With a 2" lift, the surf will surely look a lot better!! Especially if you match it with 275/75R16 tires.

But it will surely look better with a 4" suspension lift and LT285/75R16 tires.

With a suspension lift, make sure in getting a lateral control rod (others call it lateral rod or panhard rod) to maintain alignment of the rear wheels.

Edit :

If you do a 4" suspension lift, you'll also need to do a diff drop so your CVs will last.

Hope this helps.
          Last edited by RoySharif; 11 July 2004, 02:58.

Comment

Originally posted by RoySharif
            If money is not a problem, go for a suspension lift. With a 2" lift, the surf will surely look a lot better!! Especially if you match it with 275/75R16 tires.

But it will surely look better with a 4" suspension lift and LT285/75R16 tires.

With a suspension lift, make sure in getting a lateral control rod (others call it lateral rod or panhard rod) to maintain alignment of the rear wheels.

Hope this helps.
            Hey Roy just read you surf spec........... PICCIES PLEASE
            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
              Hey Roy just read you surf spec........... PICCIES PLEASE
              Hi Sumo,

Am still working on my site. Will post a notice as soon as I get it up & running.

Cheers!!

Comment

Especially if you match it with 275/75R16 tires.
                4" suspension lift and LT285/75R16 tires.
                2nd gen only has 15" rims so don't buy these tyres and complain when they don't fit!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                  2nd gen only has 15" rims so don't buy these tyres and complain when they don't fit!
                  he can always buy a new set of rims to match the bigger tires.... but I think there's also a 33x10.5x15 tire size.
                  Not sure though..

Comment

he can always buy a new set of rims to match the bigger tires.... but I think there's also a 33x10.5x15 tire size.
                    Not sure though..
                    they do 33x12.50x15's...
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                      If you go to the Uxbridge Autoshow next Sunday , you can watch as Jotto does a 2" bodylift on his Surf at the show . Will be fun to watch ! Or you could help and see for yourself how its done .

Rick
                      You can also chat to TonyN who has done more Body and suspension lifts than anyone else I know!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Linda]You can also chat to TonyN who has done more Body and suspension lifts than anyone else I know!!!

yer nice pecks grinder man
                        Enjoying Life after Cancer
                        Pops

Comment

Working...
                        X