No announcement yet.

what a pain in the ar*e!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW to anyone reading this, iv posted another thread with the PDF i used, i found it a big help and reccommend giving it a look through.

Comment

Originally posted by w33lerd33ler View Post
      I saw your pics of it on the other thread, it does look very nice! what modz you got planned for it? you going for a lift kit and big wheels or leaving it as is?
      i like the one you had before mine aswell the big lifted silver Gen 2 with the tubular side steps, that looked the part
      Thanks. I'm not planning anything that'll damage it's road manners as it's my main motor. Maybe some new wheels when the tyres are ready for replacement. I've got a Toyota Devil decal to go on the spare wheel cover (couldn't find one of a hairdryer ).

The silver 2nd Gen was bought from another forum member down in Wakefield. None of that work was mine but he did a lovely job on it. It could have done with 35s as the 33s looked a bit skinny with a 7" lift. It was a beast on the road. It just wanted to go it's own way. I sold it on with a new Pitman arm, Idler Arm and track rods.
      En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
        Thanks. I'm not planning anything that'll damage it's road manners as it's my main motor. Maybe some new wheels when the tyres are ready for replacement. I've got a Toyota Devil decal to go on the spare wheel cover (couldn't find one of a hairdryer ).

The silver 2nd Gen was bought from another forum member down in Wakefield. None of that work was mine but he did a lovely job on it. It could have done with 35s as the 33s looked a bit skinny with a 7" lift. It was a beast on the road. It just wanted to go it's own way. I sold it on with a new Pitman arm, Idler Arm and track rods.
        u got any other pics of the silver one u can post up, would like a propper look at it

Comment

Will put some up here later, on my phone at the moment.

Comment

Here we are:

Comment

VERY nice mate! i notice it had the spare wheel carrier removed from the back? i prefer them without the wheel carrier. did you fit the clear rear lenses? id love a set but cant source them anywhere! only ones on ebay are the red/clear ones. it looks a very tidy motor!

Comment

Originally posted by w33lerd33ler View Post
                VERY nice mate! i notice it had the spare wheel carrier removed from the back? i prefer them without the wheel carrier. did you fit the clear rear lenses? id love a set but cant source them anywhere! only ones on ebay are the red/clear ones. it looks a very tidy motor!
                I never did any of the mods on it except sorting the steering out. I had the other tailgate in my garage until it was uncereconiously dumped in the skip just before Christmas. The 2nd Gen does look cleaner with the underslung spare. I would have put blue anodised caps in the bolt holes if I'd kept it.

Rear Lights: http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=735&vid=886 these are out of stock at Roughtrax at the moment but a quick call to Barry on Tuesday would let you know if he can still get them.

Quite like these red/clear ones too: http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=735&vid=885

The time is drawing near, I'll wish you a happy new year sir and extend it to all on HiluxSurf.co.uk May 2011 be a great year for one and all. I'm off to get pishy drunk now.

Comment

Starting a bit late aint you? Been working at it since 7ish

Must be working - got 'Yes - Going for the One' on rather loud now
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                    Starting a bit late aint you? Been working at it since 7ish

Must be working - got 'Yes - Going for the One' on rather loud now
                    I've been on it for a wee while too, stick BBC2 on in 2 minutes for a blast of Scotland's finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                      stick BBC2 on in 2 minutes for a blast of Scotland's finest.
                      Rangers playing tonight?

Comment

Ok Scotland's 2nd finest then.

Comment

Holy shit!

Didn't Alison Moyet used to be the size of a house??

Comment

Aye' she's lost a hell of a lot of weight. There were a few comments made about it at the recording.

Comment

Working...
                            X