4wd help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd help

hi people i have just got myself my first surf.. a 91 import 2.4l but have no 4wd.. seen loads of posts on here talking about the 4wd control box. but.. where is it i have power at the switch but cannot get the relay to opperate any bright ideas?? cheers

Have you checked to see if it's in 4wd, don't just depend on the dash lights, them there bulbs will be touching 20 years old now
    My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

no its not in 4wd i got stuck on my drive in the snow didnt matter what i did with the switch or stick she span the rear wheels only.. the 4wd light did blink at me tho but thats the best ive had.. i have power to the switch but the relay wont switch over and when i have held the relay over manualy (with an elastic band the vsvs are switching but have no power to anything on front diff or transfer box..

Comment

check your vac lines and one way valve on the vac lines bud you might have a leak which your solnoid doesnt like on the diff. no vac pressure no 4wd. heres a link for ya to show ya where and what your looking at
        http://hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.ph...t=vaccum+lines
        Last edited by sabreuk; 29 December 2010, 15:35.
        UBIQUE

Comment

Working...
        X