X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlube 10W40 SS engine oil £10.40 for 5 litres delivered

http://www.eurocarparts.com/10w40-engine-oil

Guys,

Got my subscribers email newsletter through from Euro Car Parts this morning. They're doing 20% off everything until 06 Jan 11 if you enter the code "BOX20" on the checkout page. Its not advertised on their site so I thought I'd give you all a heads up. They deliver free too.

I ordered 25 litres of the above oil from them, enough for 4 changes on the Surf and a 4.5 litre bottle of Carlube ATF Q Dexron 2 transmission fluid as its such a good price at the moment. I've used it for a few years and had no problems with it.

Hope this is of use to a few of you.

Ross
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Bloodie expensive aren't they?!

Cheap and often for these trucks to be honest, they aren't 21st century technology, they're barely 20th century.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Bloodie expensive aren't they?!

Cheap and often for these trucks to be honest, they aren't 21st century technology, they're barely 20th century.
      My thoughts exactly Vince, I didn't think you could grumble at the price though. The only thing I've found cheaper is Morrison's 15W-40 Mineral but its too cold up here to use it safely in the winter.

£20 for oil and filter every 5000km sounds ok to me.

Comment

What do you use in your petrol one Vince? I can get 5 litres of Fuchs Titan XTR fully synth from Opie for £25 (with my GT4OC members card )

Being that its a 3rd generation Toyota engine, I think I'll treat her when the weather warms up.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          What do you use in your petrol one Vince? I can get 5 litres of Fuchs Titan XTR fully synth from Opie for £25 (with my GT4OC members card )

Being that its a 3rd generation Toyota engine, I think I'll treat her when the weather warms up.
          Its cheaper than that when it has an NSN on the label, Andy

Comment

Magnatech 5W-30 in there at the moment, not due for a change until the summer.

Comment

nice one, just got myself 10litres for £22.38...

cheers

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Where's our resident oil expert Albannach? Some of the more expensive synthetic oils on Opie are 'on an ester base' and claim far greater life as they dont break down as readily. Is there science behind this or is it ad-speak?
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Nice sounding/looking 2.7.......
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCd8NAb3IWA

Comment

Where's our resident oil expert Albannach? Some of the more expensive synthetic oils on Opie are 'on an ester base' and claim far greater life as they dont break down as readily. Is there science behind this or is it ad-speak?
                      There is science behind it but its whether the initial cost out-weighs the benefits (perceived or real). Most oils that are marketed as "fully synthetic" have some degree of hydro-cracked base stocks.

I think a decent quality 10W-40 semi synthetic with changes every 6k miles or less is more than adequate for any of the Surf engine line up. Possibly a slightly thinner 5W-30 in the petrol variants.

This street commodores comparison tests a variety of well known oils, mainly for shear strength and pressure breakdown. Although this isn't an all-encompassing test, it makes for some very interesting reading: http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf
                      Last edited by Surfer Ross; 26 December 2010, 19:22.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Nice sounding/looking 2.7.......
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCd8NAb3IWA
                        I'll need to do a video of the powerflow quad exit system on my 3.0TD. It makes that one sound pretty weedy.

Comment

Is Titan XTR not semi synthetic? Just put some in my truck a few weeks ago, got it from Milners as part of the filter / oil set.

Hope it's not fully synthetic as I polluted it with a tin of Wynns Supercharge additive.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                            Is Titan XTR not semi synthetic? Just put some in my truck a few weeks ago, got it from Milners as part of the filter / oil set.

Hope it's not fully synthetic as I polluted it with a tin of Wynns Supercharge additive.

Cheers

Ben
                            XTR 10W-40 is Semi-Synthetic. XTR 5W-30 is marketed as being a full synthetic. Titan SuperSyn is "fully synthetic". I'd give the additive a miss though Ben, it doesn't need it and it'll do more harm than good.
                            Last edited by Surfer Ross; 29 December 2010, 10:39.

Comment

Working...
                            X