Irony!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irony!

I received and email off a mate this morning entitled "irony!", and even though I'm feeling really sorry for him and his other half for what's happened, I've gotta share it with you because I can't help but laugh!

---------------
    Girlfriend wakes up for the loo at 4am. On way back to bed see's 'bonfire' on golf course. As a concerned citizen, calls the fire brigade, who promptly respond to said 'bonfire'. Girlfriend returns to bed, waking me up to tell me about her good deed.

I wake up at 5.30 for work, and whilst cleaning my teeth, get a phone call, asking for a 'Lisa H......'. Caller told that she is asleep in bed, and what do they want at this time of a morning......

Caller informs me that she is from Greater Manchester police control room, and enquires if we own a white Nova. I inform her that yes, my girlfriend is the proud owner of a slightly battered, off white F reg Nova.

Said caller informs me that it is currently propped vertically in the middle of afore mentioned golf course, keeping 8 firemen occupied!!!!

And now the really sad part......

Because said girlfriend had minor bump 12 months ago, we couldn't afford to insure 'slightly battered, off white F reg Nova' for fire and theft, so only insured it 'third party.' Were even gonna have to pay to get the reminents of afore mentioned (now heavily charred) car removed from fairway of hole 9!!!!!

M

Bummer! Surely she is not responsible for getting it moved off the golf course? She didn't put it there. Whoever stole it did. Surely the golf clubs insurance should cover it. It's a bit like somone taking a rock from my rockery, lobbing it through a neighbours window and me having to pay, because it was my rock that did the damage!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd tell 'em to bugger off
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

leave it there, make an obstacle out of it and if it was a par three make the hole a par 4 now
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Working...
      X