Screen Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Wash

Anyone know of anything that will work at temps down to -20C? A few state that they do but don't.

Cheers

Ben

It would seem the location of the washer bottle plays an important part in this.
    If the air can pass over it this causes wind chill and makes it freeze up, standing still away from the warmth of the engine, yup it freezes up.

I'm moving mine to under the glovebox on the bulkhead in the footwell. Or filling it with petrol.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Petrol ... interesting... some sort of spark plug ignition on the bonnet as the jet hits the screen..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

alcohol 40% add this to the screen wash and get some one to press the screen wash wipe and drink from the jets lol, lol
        S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Hi Alan,

I know what you mean but it stays liquid in the bottle it's only when it gets to the jets and onto the screen that it goes tits up, this will get worse as the temp of the screenwash increases relative to the air / screen temp.
          Not sure wind chill applies to things such as water screenwash, cars etc.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

I was gonna try and rig up something with one of these. Just need to be sure not to leave it on.
            the bottle on my wifes Honda is full of washer 'slush'

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12V-IMMERSION-...item4155361f6c
            Last edited by KERRSURF; 23 December 2010, 00:16.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

get screen wash with ethanol in it you will only get it from a truck & bus parts supply company's what's what i put in my lorry and i have driven with a wind chill down to -25 this year so far and have still had screen wash but do not mix it with water or it will freeze put it in neat
              S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

This stuff from Lidl is pretty good - as used in the Alps
                Can't guarantee they'll still have it in stock tho'.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//...fferdate=&ar2=

£4.99 * 5 litres
                * With antifreeze for use in temperatures as low as -60°C
                * Suitable for fan jet nozzles
                * Citrus scent

Comment

Working...
                X