Saying goodbye to the Surf....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying goodbye to the Surf....

Well - I posted earlier about this, and yesterday had to use it one last time, for a recovery......but somewhat pityfully, it was to recover my new Jeep from the drive, as it couldn't get up into the yard in a foot of snow, with road tyres, so I had to use the Surf to drag it up enough for it to get some traction, then use the handbrake and second gear on the Jeep to get it into the yard.....

So farwell my trusty blue friend, and thanks for all the fun!!!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

No regrets? Yet?

I'm on road tyres Andy, and haven't had any issues at all. I will however have BFGs on before next winter, just cos I like them.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      No regrets? Yet?

I'm on road tyres Andy, and haven't had any issues at all. I will however have BFGs on before next winter, just cos I like them.
      Erm.....no? Not really, but I do love it...and the Jeep is great, just not great on a steep drive, with packed snow under a fresh 8" and 4mm tread on the road tyres.....will have General Grabber ATs in a few weeks, when there are some in stock....

The Jeep is ###### nice though.....

Comment

you let it out in the snow
        itll rot and leak like mine now its all salty

had gg at2s on mine - great in the snow and in normal road use as well

Comment

Few Bits done to the Surf

Hi Andy, how is life with the Jeep?

Your ole Baby is running just fine and coping with the Scottish weather, I have fitted the winch and it work just dandy! I had to remove the front of the sump guard with my recip saw( took about 4" off ) and rounded it off nicely. the winch had to be slung under the bracket to avoid taking a saw to the bumper!

After building a ramp and giving the back window runners a good greasing the Gerry Shephards and Diesel the Jack russel went to the to the beech for the first time in 11 months!!, the ramp was needed to get the dags onto the tailgate as it is a little higher than my last Surf!

I think I'll give it a little makeover and cover it with some Redbull decals (just because i'm a chav)! then i'll send you a couple of pics

You'll be glad to know that it has already shown up my neighbours landy 90, he got stuck on our road! (it was a good 2-3 feet of drift) so the old girl came to the rescue and pulled him out

The missus has named it "The Pig" dunno if thats v fair?
          ..Angel..

Comment

Congratulations - you now qualify for a "Land Rover Recovery Vehicle" sticker - Mr 'Patchy may be able to supply one for a small fee !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by angelonawire View Post

This:

is a Pig. Made by Humber and as used in Northern Ireland before the NI role Saxons arrived.
              En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

There used to be a Surf on eBay with a bumper like that...
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                  There used to be a Surf on eBay with a bumper like that...

Yeah - and that WAS a pig of a Surf !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Interesting avatar...
                    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Thanks

I have shaved since!
                      ..Angel..

Comment

That ###### Dick strawbridge gets everywhere........
                        Remember arrows are silent.....................
                        Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by angelonawire View Post
                          Hi Andy, how is life with the Jeep?

Your ole Baby is running just fine and coping with the Scottish weather, I have fitted the winch and it work just dandy! I had to remove the front of the sump guard with my recip saw( took about 4" off ) and rounded it off nicely. the winch had to be slung under the bracket to avoid taking a saw to the bumper!

After building a ramp and giving the back window runners a good greasing the Gerry Shephards and Diesel the Jack russel went to the to the beech for the first time in 11 months!!, the ramp was needed to get the dags onto the tailgate as it is a little higher than my last Surf!

I think I'll give it a little makeover and cover it with some Redbull decals (just because i'm a chav)! then i'll send you a couple of pics

You'll be glad to know that it has already shown up my neighbours landy 90, he got stuck on our road! (it was a good 2-3 feet of drift) so the old girl came to the rescue and pulled him out

Hey Andy - thanks for the message, and I'm glad it's going well and that you've got the winch on...

How's the house going? I've got about a day left to finish our kitchen, then it's on to the drains and gutters if the ground stays soft enough to dig...

Comment

Working...
                          X