theft damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theft damage

Can't believe someone broke into the surf to steal an old sat nav, and in the process smashed 2 windows and broke the rear window lock!

I've had the glass repaired but I'm not sure what to do about the boot lock. It's a second gen with the rear mounted spare so there is a plastic section across the middle of the tailgate. They snapped this in half while prising out the boot lock. I think that's damaged as well as it doesn't work on the key anymore.

Can any of the breakers on here supply this plastic section (ideally in burgundy)? Or should I bite the bullet and hand it over to the insurers to get it fixed. I've got an exxess to pay on that so not sure what's the best option.

I am sure one of the members might be able to help, but you may have to wait until after christmas...I wouldn't go through insurance.

Shirl

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

It doesn't supprise me in the least matey. I have know of cars broke into for a CD that was left on show, even kids toys.

Never leave anything on display no matter what it's value.

Bunch of f**king TGB's (thieving gypsy b@stards)

Comment

yeah true. I live in a quiet country village where nothing crime related usually happens. I reckon it was something to do with the blokes doing the roadworks as they seemed keen to find out if the CSI police person had found anything on the car!

Comment

Originally posted by timholmes61 View Post
          Can't believe someone broke into the surf to steal an old sat nav, and in the process smashed 2 windows and broke the rear window lock!

I've had the glass repaired but I'm not sure what to do about the boot lock. It's a second gen with the rear mounted spare so there is a plastic section across the middle of the tailgate. They snapped this in half while prising out the boot lock. I think that's damaged as well as it doesn't work on the key anymore.

Can any of the breakers on here supply this plastic section (ideally in burgundy)? Or should I bite the bullet and hand it over to the insurers to get it fixed. I've got an exxess to pay on that so not sure what's the best option.
          burgandy plastic section £40 posted pay pal or card 07759 272270 terry
          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Welcome to the club, I left my Surf in a "secure airport parking area" Dublin airport to have the rear quater panel smashed, they got nothing as sat nav was well hidden.

Stormy sorted me out

Back in the day Baby

Comment

That's a deal! Give me your email and I'll paypal it over.

Quicker than I expected! Thanks Lord Lucan.

Comment

Great you got 'sorted'

Shirl

Comment

Originally posted by timholmes61 View Post
                  That's a deal! Give me your email and I'll paypal it over.

Quicker than I expected! Thanks Lord Lucan.
                  hi pay pal snailpaceracing@btconnect.com please leave a message as to what you are paying for thanks terry

Comment

Payment sent. Thanks very much.

Comment

Just realised I sent an echeque by mistake rather than instant transfer. Looks like that won't clear until 30th but that's not a problem for me. Sorry about that.

Comment

thats ok i.ll send it anyway , you have got to have a bit of trust in this world, merry christmas

Comment

Much appreciated. Merry Christmas to you too.

Comment

sending today 1st class will include the barrel and switch just incase yours is damaged any decent locksmith will make it fit your key

Comment

Package received. Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X