Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buttons on my surf ?

well all was just wondering about a few wee buttons on my surf
    the ect button looked in faq section clicked on the link and it wouldnt load.
    the wee rocker button to the right of the steering wheel that lights up red when you push it down ?
    cheers.

The ECT is the "sports" mode button, push that and you can keep up with a Golf GTi.....well no you wont, it does make the surf slightly faster by

(i) Holding the gear changes longer allowing the engine to rev higher
    (ii) emptying your fuel tank quicker making your surf lighter

The little red button sounds like a fog Light switch

Back in the day Baby

Comment

lol thanks.
      no its not a fog light switch i dont think hey ?

Comment

Where's your rear fog light switch then?
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Where's your rear fog light switch then?
          mine's in the glove box waiting for me to refit it and the fog light lol is it a fan switch like mine's got ?
          http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

it may be the idle up. if your in park or neutral it will up the revs from the normal 800rpm ish to about 1200rpm
            Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean.M View Post
              well all was just wondering about a few wee buttons on my surf
              the wee rocker button to the right of the steering wheel that lights up red when you push it down ?
              cheers.
              could that be your fast idle switch? does the engine rev higher when its lit up?

Comment

An idle up switch does not light up... 95% sure it's a fog light switch even if your fog light is missing bust it may still light up

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
                  An idle up switch does not light up... 95% sure it's a fog light switch even if your fog light is missing bust it may still light up
                  The idle switch does light up. You bulb / lamp must be blown. It is a 3mm wire terminal lamp that you have to take the switch apart to get to.

Comment

I stand corrected, must have look mine has always been dead.... Still think it's a fog light switch thou

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Hello Surfer's,

I have the same switch in my truck, its not the fog light as that is next to the rear window switch. I think the switch was put in for some spot lights, as I found some wires going from a battery to behind the grill, then stopping at 2 connectors. I think the connectors plugged into some spot lights and the little rocker switch with the red light was put in for them?

Thanks, Stuart.

Comment

I don't know too much, but that is where my fog light switch is & it sounds exactly the same type.
                        It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

cheers.
                          Maybe that's all it does, that may be its raison d'etre; or, as they say in France, its reason for being.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

That'll be it. Its the red LED switch. It's purpose, as Andy correctly surmises, is to turn its own illumination on, so you can see where it is in the dark.

Its kind of like those temporary traffic lights you see occasionally, where they put traffic lights up to protect the generator that powers the traffic lights...

A self licking lollipop if you will.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

cheers.
                              Is it an after market switch?

Comment

Working...
                              X