Few (late) Pics Of The Truck With New Wheels/Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few (late) Pics Of The Truck With New Wheels/Tyres

Sorry for the delay folks but here are a couple pics of my truck now ive had my 33" General Grabber AT's with new steel 16"x8" wheels.

He had to modify (in other words 'pass me the grinder') the arches a little bit to make them fit, but nothing i was too concerned about. i have absolutely NO issues with rubbing whatsoever (and i've been for a play). The torsion bars were wound up about 2" i think, and i've since put another 2" on the springs (pics)

I absolutely LOVE the new stance!

And the cheapest mod ever, i bought 60mm 'Spring Assistors' from the caravan shop, and managed to squeeze them into my springs, and after driving around, has given me a definite 1.5" lift, and stops sag when its loaded. Oh, and they cost £20!

Hope ya like the pics, i am 100% happy with the tyres, and think the truck looks awesome now! Surprisingly i get a lot of people staring at them too! hahaa
    www.vidamusic.co.uk

ooo - i do like

I nearly bought a set of them rims with 31's on, then decided to wait till i've sorted my lift then go for the 33's

glad i decided to wait now as that looks great - does the front clear on full lock then?

Comment

DId you get them from Charles, i have one of those as a spare at the moment and once i have my Body lift done i will be looking into Deeper dish versions and hopefully putting 35" - 37" on.
      Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by madmanc View Post
        DId you get them from Charles, i have one of those as a spare at the moment and once i have my Body lift done i will be looking into Deeper dish versions and hopefully putting 35" - 37" on.
        37"??? Fook me that WILL be a monster!!
        Yeah Charles did them for me.

Yeah, they clear on full lock both ways mate
        www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

that makes it look like a mans toy dont it
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

they look ace on it mate...wat width are they??10j or 8j?

Comment

Thats a good looking set up there mate well done

Comment

Mine are on 8" J and at 305 and Charles states that they are 32-33 but in metric. with a deeper dish so the 2" spacers push the wheels out further i hope i can get some nice big tyres on.

Not had a problem with the current ones so i can see to many problems with going up in size if i do then its time to look at more technical things to get it higher.

I would love something Lucifer or the Dixie machine on the current build thread but thats in the future.
                Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

I'm surprised they clear ok, just be careful you don't take off the front arch extensions (the wee bit attached to bumper) if you corner and it dips on the suspension, pothole, ditch etc.
                  Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
                    37"??? Fook me that WILL be a monster!!
                    Yeah Charles did them for me.

Yeah, they clear on full lock both ways mate

Vidamusic,
                    Where did you purchase the steel wheels from?
                    www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by murph View Post
                      Vidamusic,
                      Where did you purchase the steel wheels from?
                      You can get black steel mods from Silverline, not sure about the grey ones.
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Im more interested in the spring spacer, which caravan shop did you get them from?
                        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                          Im more interested in the spring spacer, which caravan shop did you get them from?
                          I think pretty much any? I was told to get some by the dude whO helped fit my wheels n tyres. I just called up the nearest caravan shop to me.

Murph - I got them from Charles at Bardhills harden centre. (jcs tyres) he did the lot for me. I can give ya his no if ya want?
                          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                            I'm surprised they clear ok, just be careful you don't take off the front arch extensions (the wee bit attached to bumper) if you corner and it dips on the suspension, pothole, ditch etc.
                            That's what he had to modify mate. That and the mud flap side.
                            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
                              I think pretty much any? I was told to get some by the dude whO helped fit my wheels n tyres. I just called up the nearest caravan shop to me.

Cheers mate.

Murph - I got them from Charles at Bardhills harden centre. (jcs tyres) he did the lot for me. I can give ya his no if ya want?
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X