double cab pick up shell and chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double cab pick up shell and chassis

I really could do with a pick up for work! But we are a 1 car famoly so it needs to be a double cab! Does anyone know of a good shell and chassis going that I could put my engine and gearbox into ???

Originally posted by tomtrux View Post
    I really could do with a pick up for work! But we are a 1 car famoly so it needs to be a double cab! Does anyone know of a good shell and chassis going that I could put my engine and gearbox into ???
    cut the back off of your surf and turn it into a double cab pickup.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

I've thought about it! But its a lot of work and I don't think the rear tub would be anywhere near as big as the pick ups!! Maybe I could weld a pick up tub on there?????

Comment

I've thought about it! But its a lot of work and I don't think the rear tub would be anywhere near as big as the pick ups!! Maybe I could weld a pick up tub on there?????
        its not that much work and the rear tub is quite large.believe me.

Last edited by surfenstein; 14 December 2010, 20:28.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

No way!! That looks awesome! I so wanna get that done!!! Is it one of yours??? I'm guessing you'd use a tailgate and rear window for the front of the tub along with the back end of the roof and keep an opening window too!!?!!

Comment

No way!! That looks awesome! I so wanna get that done!!! Is it one of yours??? I'm guessing you'd use a tailgate and rear window for the front of the tub along with the back end of the roof and keep an opening window too!!?!!
            yes way. Meet stein.yep its one of mine.look here under surf pickup and it shows how i did it. www.outrageousoffroad.co.uk
            Last edited by surfenstein; 14 December 2010, 20:53.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Then we should be calling you dr surfenstein lol. That looks brilliant. I may pester you at a later date for more info!!! How much would you charge to do this???

Comment

That'll be a waste of time, effort and money, you're better of selling your 2.4 and buying a pointless pick... er I mean double cab.

Comment

If ya gonna do a Conversion I suggest ya use a 3.0l

Jess
                  "Cos short cuts can cost more in the long run"
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

You could stick your engine and box in a double cab shell, if you can find one but it will still take time and cost money.

You could sell your Surf and put the money towards buying a double cab. Which has the advantage of being not a very good pick up, or a very good family transporter.

You could convert your Surf into a double cab. Which will slightly reduce the current load area but allow you to carry really tall stuff.

Or you could just do this:

They come in a variety of sizes and prices, are easily transferred between vehicles, can be detached when not required and have a very low depreciation rate.

Horses for courses and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by davec170 View Post
                      You could stick your engine and box in a double cab shell, if you can find one but it will still take time and cost money.

You could sell your Surf and put the money towards buying a double cab. Which has the advantage of being not a very good pick up, or a very good family transporter.

You could convert your Surf into a double cab. Which will slightly reduce the current load area but allow you to carry really tall stuff.

Or you could just do this:

They come in a variety of sizes and prices, are easily transferred between vehicles, can be detached when not required and have a very low depreciation rate.

Horses for courses and all that...
                      Wow, that has to be the longest way of saying "buy a trailer" I've ever heard.
                      Neal

Comment

I never said "buy a trailer".

Comment

Your certainly right there.
                          Neal

Comment

You shouldn't condone stealing a trailer.

(we need a pikey smilie)
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                              You shouldn't condone stealing a trailer.

(we need a pikey smilie)

That is a long old trailer though, I wonder how much they are new .
                              Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X