yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Petrol 3rd Gen prices are on the up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Petrol 3rd Gen prices are on the up!

As per the title and as discussed recently. These used to be as popular as Anthrax in an Orphanage but they seem to be making decent money now: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SURF-2-...-/110623948262
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

I thought that was quite cheap for the condition & miles although I doesn't seem to have multimode.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

He bought it for 2k
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        He bought it for 2k
        How come?

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          How come?
          I followed it's last sale on eblag mate.
          Brian

Comment

Has anybody LPG'd a Surf yet

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
              Has anybody LPG'd a Surf yet
              Yes, Truckarms.

Comment

Nice clean looking truck.

Not supriised they are going for decent money really. Same or better MPG than the diesel and unleaded is a fair bit cheaper.

Wonder how the engines last compared to the diesel, diesels reputedly are good for more miles than petrol engines not that you think it from reading some of the threads here!!

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                  I followed it's last sale on eblag mate.
                  Ahhh i see, i thought you mean't the new owner paid 2k.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                    Nice clean looking truck.

Not supriised they are going for decent money really. Same or better MPG than the diesel and unleaded is a fair bit cheaper.

Wonder how the engines last compared to the diesel, diesels reputedly are good for more miles than petrol engines not that you think it from reading some of the threads here!!

Cheers

Ben
                    2.7 producing around 160bhp, hardly highly stressed is it? Have a google for 3RZ-FE and check the bhp some people are getting from them!!

Trip up to Liverpool and back this weekend on fairly busy A roads returned somewhere between 25 and 30mpg - so yes, cheaper to run too, and boy it goes well for overtaking when you bury the throttle!

All I'd suggest to someone considering a new truck is lose the prejudice and try one. If its not for you, there's still the noisy, thirsty, underpowered diesel for an extra grand or two

I did think about a gas conversion for about 5 minutes, but given that its cheaper to run than my last two cars, and I'd either lose a chunk of boot space, or have a potential bomb where my spare wheel is, I dont think I'd bother.
                    Last edited by Apache; 13 December 2010, 23:34.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

There is always the water thing and the torque thing, Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        2.7 producing around 160bhp, hardly highly stressed is it? Have a google for 3RZ-FE and check the bhp some people are getting from them!!

Trip up to Liverpool and back this weekend on fairly busy A roads returned somewhere between 25 and 30mpg - so yes, cheaper to run too, and boy it goes well for overtaking when you bury the throttle!

All I'd suggest to someone considering a new truck is lose the prejudice and try one. If its not for you, there's still the noisy, thirsty, underpowered diesel for an extra grand or two

I did think about a gas conversion for about 5 minutes, but given that its cheaper to run than my last two cars, and I'd either lose a chunk of boot space, or have a potential bomb where my spare wheel is, I dont think I'd bother.
                        Well im pretty much sold on one when i comes to replace mine, shame nobody near me has one that i can test drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
                          There is always the water thing and the torque thing, Andy.
                          Can you enlighten me a bit mate.

Comment

Let the great man do it himself. Post 21 on....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45794

A classic thread too.

Comment

Sparks don't like the damp and I assume torque is a lot less on the petrol equivalent...

... mind you, to have a free revving, tunable petrol lump, I'd happily forego a few towing torques....

can always get 'em back with a blower!!!
                              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X