are 3.0 louder than 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are 3.0 louder than 2.4

just wondering are the 3.0 engines noisier than 2.4s.

i would not say so about the same
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Louder? I once had a 3.0 talk to me in Egyptian.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

thats some crazy shit,i wish mine would talk to me and tell me if its ill or not,drives perfect but my next door neighbour{lukenemma}has a 2.4 and mines noisier than his.its not rattly or anything just sounds like your usual noisy diesel.needed some other comparson

Comment

Too many variables i would say to compare.....
          Unless you specify something like "at tickover with me head under the bonnet".

well you sort of did but is not typing fast enuff
          Remember arrows are silent.....................
          Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
            Too many variables i would say to compare.....
            Unless you specify something like "at tickover with me head under the bonnet".

well you sort of did but is not typing fast enuff
            yeah that,at tickover with bonnet up

Comment

My 2.4 is quite loud, but not as loud as 3LIONS', his sets off car alarms.

Comment

suppose the verdict is theyb are all quite different,suppose if its not really knocking theres nothing to worry about,its just i had a subaru sti and before that a subaru wrx and the sti engine was naturally noisier than the wrx as it had uprated internals,forged pistons etc.so just thought the surf may be a similar sort of thing

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
                  suppose the verdict is theyb are all quite different,suppose if its not really knocking theres nothing to worry about,its just i had a subaru sti and before that a subaru wrx and the sti engine was naturally noisier than the wrx as it had uprated internals,forged pistons etc.so just thought the surf may be a similar sort of thing

No, Surfs don't sound like a fart in a bath!

Comment

I found a good 3.0 sounds generally tighter than a 2.4, but also not so 'metallic' if that makes sence.

I've also had noisy and quiet of each, especially when cold, Its just how they wear over time, or how much soundproofing people can't be arsed to put back after work..
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      No, Surfs don't sound like a fart in a bath!
                      haha,its a beautiful burble and a good sounding fart indeed

Comment

Originally posted by greeley View Post
                        haha,its a beautiful burble and a good sounding fart indeed
                        This sounds better I think.....
                        http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a41...t=100_1208.flv

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          or how much soundproofing people can't be arsed to put back after work..
                          These things had soundproofing?

My Surf is much quieter than the Mondeo, which sounds like somethings trying to break out.
                          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                            I found a good 3.0 is generally tighter than a 2.4,
                            would that be the drivers seat or the exhaust Tony??????
                            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

do you mean when your in the truck's or when your out side them and there ticking over ? cos mine's got all that shaggpile from it's last owner still in it witch make a big difference i think you cant even hear it go into 4x4 when your sat in it but it sounds the same as your when we stand out side them or is it your zorst cos i think you said it was blowing :s the othere day any way still have your truck over mine
                              http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Working...
                              X