No announcement yet.

Cheap 3rd Gen, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the problem with the older style transfer boxes then?
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
      I take it 3rd gens had different transmissions early and improved.. how do you tell the difference
      some of the 3rd gens have multi mode transmission and some have the same as the 2nd gen transmission
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
        Whats the problem with the older style transfer boxes then?
        Can't use 4wd all the time like on 2nd gens.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
          Can't use 4wd all the time like on 2nd gens.
          Ah, so not really a problem then, I was thinking they had a fault.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Did they do a 3rd gen petrol without centre diff? I've not seen one.

Did they do a Supra with a V6 (not Celica supra) - I thought they had the straight 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Can anyone make out if that's one of the council transfer boxes or if it's the better one?

Looking at the position of the transfer lever, I would say it's a council edition.

Thats the H4l postion on the Multi-mode T/cases, and the truck is on tarmac in the photos.

Comment

Andy are you going for this? If not let me know mate, I might have it.
                Brian

Comment

Yay, go Bri! You'll love the 21st century engine compared to the Brunel one in the diesel version
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Listing ended, anyone here get it then?

Bogus
                    Сви можемо

Comment

Wonder what it went for...

Comment

Bugger, I should have just called the guy last night and done the deal.

Min you these petrol ones seem to pop up regular now an at silly low prices.
                        Think I will get myself one come the new year.

Found another on eblag at 2k looks decent.
                        Brian

Comment

I've ridden in vinces 2.7. It's a world apart from the diesel version brian. Well worth having.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I must admit i have been looking at a terrano R3MR 2.7 looks well but its not quite the surf...
                            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Brian, a grand with 9 hours to go. No reserve. Miles slightly high, but... a grand!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SURF-SS...item19c197bcac

Not sure what the feck its got wrapped round the front bars though...

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                                I've ridden in vinces 2.7. It's a world apart from the diesel version brian. Well worth having.
                                Well mate I may as well keep trying to get one of each, I just wish I could have owned Marks orange 1st gen

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                                Brian, a grand with 9 hours to go. No reserve. Miles slightly high, but... a grand!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SURF-SS...item19c197bcac

Not sure what the feck its got wrapped round the front bars though...
                                Jeeze thats no money for that, need to make a coffee and findd a comfy seat about 8.30pm

You think I will get money off if I take it with that thing still attached
                                Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X