Vince...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince...

Bit of a long shot sir but...do you know of a website,or have a link to a ford site,specifically the triton V10.

All i can seem to find, is wikipedia links and strange american sites where no one knows what there name is.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    Bit of a long shot sir but...do you know of a website,or have a link to a ford site,specifically the triton V10.

All i can seem to find, is wikipedia links and strange american sites where no one knows what there name is.

What sort of info are you looking for, engine specs?

The Triton V10 is also used in motorhomes apparently so try those type sites too.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      What sort of info are you looking for, engine specs?

The Triton V10 is also used in motorhomes apparently so try those type sites too.
      Im looking for the whole gamut sir. torque specs, rebuild info...anything ...they have a feature whereby if the coolant runs low, it will run on five instead of 10....guess it didnt work this time though...i see its a popular motorhome engine, but all the sites i look at are sales blurb.
      I asked a local man today about sourcing me new heads, and they are easily available, but things like the correct stretch bolts are hard to come by. There are loads available, but they need to be a specific shape!
      Im also led to believe that big block fords are prone to premature oil pump failure. I have a new uprated pump but its cam driven...and very peculiar.
      Just trying to look for as much tech spec as possible,and you sir are the linkmeister.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

http://wolvesblog.com/forum/topic.php?id=223
        i found this if its of use looks to be a forum for the v10 amongst others
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ta.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi gra,i dont know if this would be of any help to you.but the guys at real steel are very helpful and know their engines inside out.might be worth a phone call http://www.realsteel.co.uk/.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Another though ......if you cant get head bolts.How about a stud kit.People like OMP racing might do them.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Cheers mark...but after today's investigation, it appears to be all academic...the whole engine is full of hellmans. Toucan pour water in the header tank and it cones directly out of the sump,just as fast as you can pour it in...my phone ran out of battery, but I'll get some head pics tommorow...big hole!
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Cheers mark...but after today's investigation, it appears to be all academic...the whole engine is full of hellmans. Toucan pour water in the header tank and it cones directly out of the sump,just as fast as you can pour it in...my phone ran out of battery, but I'll get some head pics tommorow...big hole!
                  FUBAR'D

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                    FUBAR'D
                    And several holes in pistons...
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

And several holes in pistons...
                      Oh Sh:t What the hell happened to do that sort of damage?????

Comment

I'm sure Ripleys will give you a couple of quid for it mate

Al
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Well it's ferked beyond economical repair. The only salvageable bits are all the ancilliaries. The heads are going in fir scrap tommorow though...all auminium.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'd sack the useless lump of lard who didn't check the coolant/antifreeze level meself....
                            What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Working...
                            X