Name Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Please

Can anyone give me the correct name of the liquid to put in the coolant to show the presence of exhaust gases.
    I have done a search but no luck.

Thanks
    Geoff.
    Rubblebags (Geoff).

Originally posted by rubblebags
    Can anyone give me the correct name of the liquid to put in the coolant to show the presence of exhaust gases.
    I have done a search but no luck.

Thanks
    Geoff.
    Geoff
    I posted last week in the mech section .
    I have a coolant in Tams Herald that came with it called '4life' . It claims to reduce running temp of engine coolant , lubricate , and has high anticorrosion propertys , also has gas sensitive caracters to it . IE if compression gases are present in coolant it changes from red to yellow . It reverts back to red when fault fixed . I put in the Herald as I was supicious of a overheating prob I had , plus it was free with the car .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Also if you know a friendly garage mechanic a gas analyser held over the rad cap (taken off) will detect gases in the coolant.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Never thought of that one.

Thats interesting Koi.

Its not for me I have been sharing our cooling science with a mate of mine who has just put a V8 in a mk 1 Cortina with a single barrel Holly.
        Not quite sure but he may even know Rick (The Vagrant ). Thats two iffy blokes I now know.

Geoff.
        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Working...
        X