Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Post 1 states 'diff lock H4' - or H4L.

From last night....
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showpost....3&postcount=35

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        Post 1 states 'diff lock H4' - or H4L.
        Cause he's new and posted the wrong info.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          I was less than observant last night...
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
            Taken from the drivers handbook 1995 - 2002.
            Use of the 4wd ;1 Driving on normal roads is recommended to be done in 2h, however if the 4wd option is required do not drive over 50km/hr.
            This is the first line in this section.
            Thats crap, Coloardos don't have the 2WD option, they are in 'H4' all the time. Its exactly the same diff inside the T/case.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
              Cause he's new and posted the wrong info.
              LOL, but we can only answer the question posted, like Apache said. 'Diff lock H4' means nothing but H4L to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                LOL, but we can only answer the question posted, like Apache said. 'Diff lock H4' means nothing but H4L to me.
                True Tony, very true.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Oh.... wait a minute... wait a minute... I'm getting something...

..... I wouldn't put any more money into shares in engineering companies in Germany at the moment. HTH...
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    Thats crap, Coloardos don't have the 2WD option, they are in 'H4' all the time. Its exactly the same diff inside the T/case.
                    i can only quote what it says in the hand book! here are some more for you, auto box, maximum speeds in each gear
                    5vz-fe 3rz-fe 1kz-te
                    L, hi-range 50 50 40 km/hr
                    lo - range 20 20 10 "

2, hi-range 100 90 70 "
                    lo-range 40 30 25 "

the manual gear box speeds differ from those above as one would expect
                    but in 4th gear the highest speed for a 1kz-te in hi-range is 120 km/hr and lo-range 45 km/hr.

Comment

Originally posted by Flarris View Post
                      Made the mistake of driving a newly acquired KZN185 Gen 3 on diff lock H4 - at up to 60 mph on the M25 last week; no excuses, other than being familiar with the Gen 2's and not this set up; am I likely to have done any harm?
                      road was slushy but we're not talking inches of snow, naturally
                      It seems to me like Flarris KNOWS you're not supposed to drive it on the road in H4L (it's been covered on here enough times), but did it accidentally and now wants to know if it's damaged.

As TonyN said, if you broke something, you'd know about it. There would be a loud bang as a diff or driveshaft broke. Find some soft mud or snow, stick it back in H4L and drive it around a bit. If it engages as it should, doesn't make loads of noise while it's moving and doesn't pull wildly to one side or anything, chances are you got away with it.

If you went a long way at high speed with it on, it might be worth changing the transmission fluid and diff oils sooner rather than later, as they may have got hot.

Cheers

Andy
                      Andy

Comment

LOL, I wasn't having a go at you, Where is this handbook from? There are no english language Toyota Handbooks for a Surf, and all the translated ones I've seen are so riddled with inaccuraces I've never bothered with them.

50mph (might be 62mph for 3rd gens, i think it beeps at you if you press it when going to fast) is max speed for shifting INTO 4wd while driving.

I can't believe LandCruisers are limited to 50kph max speed? They don't have the 2wd option, Its H4-H4L-N-L4L only.

Originally posted by soramad View Post
                        i can only quote what it says in the hand book! here are some more for you, auto box, maximum speeds in each gear
                        5vz-fe 3rz-fe 1kz-te
                        L, hi-range 50 50 40 km/hr
                        lo - range 20 20 10 "

2, hi-range 100 90 70 "
                        lo-range 40 30 25 "

the manual gear box speeds differ from those above as one would expect
                        but in 4th gear the highest speed for a 1kz-te in hi-range is 120 km/hr and lo-range 45 km/hr.

Comment

the hand book is a JPNZ book translated from the original which came with my 3rd gen when i bought it. I have also got one for my soarer.

Comment

I've got a Beano commic from 1996.
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                              I thought I explained this last night???

Your name vill also go on ze list!
                              Dont't worry, I did notice your imput mate

Comment

Working...
                              X