Surf + General Grabber AT2 = bliss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf + General Grabber AT2 = bliss

Lots of snow here, and the Surf and the GG AT2s are such a great combo. I don't think there are many more rigs that are better suited to these conditions, and the beauty is, I don't have to do anything apart from put the 4WD on, the truck just keeps going and going. So far (touch wood), no histrionics, just safe, secure driving, even in a car park with 1 1/2 feet of virgin snow, just drive and park, no problems!

Anyone found the limits of this setup?

Not yet

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

I've not heard of those tyres, but then I haven't used the search facility yet.

Where did you get them from?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        I've not heard of those tyres, but then I haven't used the search facility yet.

Where did you get them from?
        Vince, you should get a set. I can peronally guarantee them.
        I think it was me that told you about them ages ago.
        Last edited by si tate; 4 December 2010, 23:28.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by joecuba View Post
          So far (touch wood), no histrionics, just safe, secure driving, even in a car park with 1 1/2 feet of virgin snow
          Forgot to say as well, good handling on the motorway in the outside lane on snow, overtaking trucks and cars at 45 / 50 / occasionally 60.

Have to admit sphincter was tight and brain was scared, but truck just went straight through it all. I don't like pushing it when driving, but the last week my journey time was at least 1/2 hour less than usual due to less traffic and the Surf being the fastest thing on the motorway (and almost the only thing in the outside lane)!

Comment

surf + bronco grizzly claw unstoppable
            Last edited by steve s; 4 December 2010, 23:35.

Comment

i think the GG AT2 tyres are a bit scarce at the moment ...high demand I suppose....will keep trying to get some

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                surf + bronco grizzly claw unstoppable
                For sure mud tires are going to take it up a notch, but are you running these all year round as your only transport? That is what I like about the GGs, I can use them for motorway cruising on the summer just the same as back road winter snow driving.

If you are using the bronco grizzly claw all year as your regular driver, are they ok for that? Noisy? Low fuel consumption?

Comment

i had GGS on mine and they are fantastic on and off road.as for the muds i put them on just before last winter and didn't bother taking them off i use the surf for work + off roading and only do about 30 mls a day we normally use our other car at week ends
                  Last edited by steve s; 4 December 2010, 23:43.

Comment

Originally posted by joecuba View Post
                    For sure mud tires are going to take it up a notch, but are you running these all year round as your only transport? That is what I like about the GGs, I can use them for motorway cruising on the summer just the same as back road winter snow driving.

If you are using the bronco grizzly claw all year as your regular driver, are they ok for that? Noisy? Low fuel consumption?
                    This bit made me laugh.....it's a Surf, having bigger tread on a car the shape of a brick is your last concern.

I had the AT2's before my muds and they are a fantastic tyre.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by kerrsurf View Post
                      they are a fantastic tyre.
                      +1
                      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                        +1
                        had my at2,s on for about a year now really spot on tyre, used to have yokahama at2,s on, really no comparison much harder wearing tyre not a mark on them
                        15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

I sold mine to Bibs and she loved them too.
                          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by joecuba
                            Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                            This bit made me laugh.....it's a Surf, having bigger tread on a car the shape of a brick is your last concern.
                            Come on though, there is surely a difference?

You wouldn't drive 400 miles on m/way on muds, right?

Would you?

Surely it would be noisy, extra bad fuel consumption, and wear down the tires quickly?

I also hear muds aren't as good as ATs in snow!

Comment

Working...
                            X