Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with die hat sue

been trying to fire up the sportrak it ran out of fuel ages ago now
    its been parked up since feb so i put a fiver in it and i have tryed to fire it up but it just wont go?
    fuel pump maybe?
    not enough petrol init a fiver aint much?
    i need to fire it up has iam thinking of selling it
    thanks in advance
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Carb or Fuel inj?

Tip some in (carb) or press the schreader valve to see if there's fuel. (PI)

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

If it was bone dry, it'll prob need another fivers worth in it to pick it up
      What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Put some fuel direct in the carb..
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

George, don't...
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Fuel in the jets iced up?

Comment

iam even more confused now

Comment

i have every spare part for this 4x4 that it could ever need because i have 2 of them
                  if owts wrong i have the parts to hand
                  so i should put more petrol in i put a tenner in

i just read they have a primer? i thought only diesels had primers?

iam going to have to take the injectors off and look do the fuel filter too
                  prime it up (if there realy is a primer)
                  and try it out
                  iam still unsure beause i have nevver know a petrol engine have a primer?

Comment

i forgot to say i have no idea with petrol engines so even if the above is right i need it comferming please

Comment

Plugs,leads,coil(s),distributo r cap, rotor arm...any sensors..afm,tps,maybe throttle actuator control,sensors...dead sheep in the tank?
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

crack open the main fuel pipe onto the fuel rail and get someone to switch ignition on and see if fuel flows out of the pipe.if not then you need to put more fuel in.if there is fuel there.(be careful george because it will be under pressure.)you need to look elswhere.i.e check for a spark at the plugs.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

best not to check the fuel feed while the plugs are out for spark checks though. - good way to defrost it though.

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                            crack open the main fuel pipe onto the fuel rail and get someone to switch ignition on and see if fuel flows out of the pipe.if not then you need to put more fuel in.if there is fuel there.(be careful george because it will be under pressure.)you need to look elswhere.i.e check for a spark at the plugs.
                            thanks mate i did that and got nothing so it could just be more petrol is needed

Comment

I dunno if this is any help or not George but I used to have a Peugot 309 (petrol) that would never ever start if it had been left standing for more than a couple of days or so (much less than that if it was hot weather).

Never did find out what the problem actually was but I did find out how to fix it.

If I used a syringe to squirt fuel past the fuel filter it got enough fuel into the carb/engine it gave it enough juice to fire up and it worked fine from there on in.

As far as I could tell the petrol would evaporate and as it dried out there was something sticking and stopping the fuel getting through. I got rid of the car not long after I passed my test so I never bothered too much trying to sort the problem out as long as I could actually get the car to work when I needed it to get to work and back.

Comment

Working...
                              X