mixed tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixed tyres?

hi there,i reckon i'm gonna need a new rear tyre for mot, so i'll have to buy 2,as the other one's not the best.but can i mix ? i have bridgestone duelers HT's on the front,but can i put AT's on the back as well. or should i bite the bullet and buy a set of 4AT's.do tou need same terrain type on all four?
    also are the falken AT's any good,most sites seem to be out of GG AT's at the moment(well,the best price one's anyway) was also looking at the yokahoma ones,they look ok aswell.
    what to buy if can't get GG AT's(bearing in mind price/wife)
    cheers all
    mick

If you can't get GG AT2's then go for BFG AT's ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Its ok to mix front and rear, but the general view is that you keep the better or stickier tyres on the driving wheels to prevent you from going backwards through a hedge.... but it all depends how you drive. I think its hard to push the front tyres on these vehicles to their limits without some seriously derranged driving ( and balls of steel!) get the sticky ones on the back and you will be fine!
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

cheers mates.that'll please her indoors no end.i've just told her i'll need four new tyres at 90 quid each,she told me to *&*^%!!!!
        i'll start with 2 and work on her

cheers

mick

Comment

Working...
        X