No announcement yet.

snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've about 3' accumulated in the garden (Aberdeenshire) piled surf window height at the sides of the roads. Travelled about 12 miles in total today and saw no tarmac at all. Pretty grim.

Ben

Comment

Just shows you how localised these things can be. It's not snowed here since last night.

My work has ben sending 4wd cars out to pick folk up for work, they reckon Bathgate and Cumbernauld areas are the worst. You're nearer Cumbernauld than we are.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yes i saw the nice snow pics , had similar here

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Just shows you how localised these things can be. It's not snowed here since last night.

My work has ben sending 4wd cars out to pick folk up for work, they reckon Bathgate and Cumbernauld areas are the worst. You're nearer Cumbernauld than we are.
          Yep true mate, I have been in work every day, the turd gen doing me proud on it's road tyres. The snow in Glasgow is half what we have here.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by jgs600 View Post
            had fun this morning...................!

Good looking truck

Comment

I was up in Cumbernauld tonight and it seemed worse up there.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Saw pics from Central Scotland, looks a mess. Snowed here all morning, stopped at lunchtime and dry for remainder of the day, checked temp about 30 mins ago and sitting at -17C

Comment

I pulled a Discovery 2 up to Sawyers avenue the other day, I also pulled a corsa DOWN to the main road on the way back!

We have a Dodge pickup and a Discovery 4 picking folk up for work, they won't go into the areas with lots of snow in case they get stuck!
                  Last edited by Albannach; 3 December 2010, 00:32. Reason: y

Comment

When you pass Alexanders the next time Andy, look for the bit of road between our carpark and the old Wrangler carpark (the wrangler gate access road) thats where I have been parking for work, only me and a lad with an offroad SJ go in there.
                    Alan

Comment

I know the bit you mean.

I got offered a lift in to work by the way, I declined...

Comment

I know the bit you mean.

I got offered a lift in to work by the way, I declined...
                        That would have been funny though, tell the bloke to pick you up at CarronBridge Hotel, turn up in the Surf and jump in the company car.
                        Alan

Comment

They are both on road tyres, they'd not get up there (especially the Dodge, which is doing this side). I jokingly gave them my mobile number for when they get stuck; they weren't happy.

Comment

4x4 + road tyres = 3 series BMW snow ability.
                            Alan

Comment

Tell them to get some PEWAG on there rubber.

Alan

Comment

Well, I have been out and about for 2 hours so far this morning driving people home from work, a lot of roads are now clear enough here to let the 2wd idiots out, three accidents so far, two of which I've had to give my details to police for witness purposes and one which occurred just before I got there.
                                It's a bleedin zoo out there today, was much more fun yesterday, bring on more snow I say to keep the buggers indoors.
                                Neal

Comment

Working...
                                X