electrical advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical advice please

ok,i got a double din dvd player the other day,wired it up and the rear speakers wernt working,plugged my old one back in and the rear speakers work,tried a different stereo and they worked for a couple of minutes then went off along with my interior lights.my mate fiddled around for a bit and eventually go it all working with a different stereo,now the stereo and the truck clock keep re-setting themselves.my spotlights work intermittent also.my truck has some annoying electrical gremlins.any advice or ideas much appreciated.gonna have to pull all the dash out again to sort it.serious pain in my ar?e

the new stereo rear speakers not working sounds like they have been connected incorrectly..

the intermittant faults suggest your tapping power of a circuit that feeds the cig lighter, hence the clock resetting etc.. probably an intermittent + volts connection..

spots not working , depends on how they were connected ...

I'm afraid its dash out again and check all connections..

all above is an educated guess

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
      the new stereo rear speakers not working sounds like they have been connected incorrectly..

the intermittant faults suggest your tapping power of a circuit that feeds the cig lighter, hence the clock resetting etc.. probably an intermittent + volts connection..

spots not working , depends on how they were connected ...

I'm afraid its dash out again and check all connections..

all above is an educated guess
      all of the above sounds about right,there was a few spottys on when i got it and they where half working so i removed em and just kept the working ones and the big spottys.its the big ones that need sorting.have even booked the day off work 2moz 2 sort it,plus im a valeter and its far too cold to be doing that

Comment

Working...
      X