Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there, ive just found the forum through google and i am interested to find out info on 2.4's with suspected blown head gaskets.

Are they due to poor quality o.e. gaskets, is there a recommended type/brand of gasket to fit? are they known for warping heads etc etc ?

It was more to do with the head itself. As far as we know it was down to a bad design on the heads. FInd one with the redesigned head on it and you should be OK. Basically metal was to thin between valve guides and water ways.
    Also a lot is down to poor maintainance, not checking the coolant or changing it and flushing the system through then filling it up correctly and bleeding the system of air.
    I would be very wary if anyone said it was just the head gasket.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

I had a bit of a google and there were a few mentions and i found new cylinder heads on ebay from £165 upwards.

Havent got the car yet, ive bought it unseen on ebay, should have it home in the next couple of days.

Any idea what they weigh? I think my truck should be ok as its plated at 5.2 tonne.

Theres a good engine reconditioners near me so i could get it crack tested and i can get a head gasket set for under £30 as i'm in the motor trade so may check the head and hope its just a gasket

Comment

Reckon you've got the cart before the horse - should have had a good gander round here before spending any dosh !

I hope you're right BUT the odds are seriously stacked against you ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

it was £300 with 6 months ticket, not fussed if its scrap, i'll ebay it back on or break it

ive bought about 50 cars unseen, not had any sheds yet

Comment

Im with Bob on this one. Its almost certainly going to be the head. Its a shame, but if you got it cheap enough, its not the end of the world. Not sure Id personally fit a cheapo from ebay though, its likely to be chinese and made to the same pattern as the originals
            Good Luck.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

At 300 notes you'll more than make your money by breaking it - or you could possible pass it on to Stormy at a profit and let him break it ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
              X