yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to take delivery of my first Surf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esilvester View Post

Here it is. Getting used to the steering vagaries and the turning circle that needs most of Buckinghamshire to spin in.... otherwise... all good. Brakes a bit too spongy....

No rust (just a spot on a window frame), surprised at its pull and I like the turbo sound (I'm such a kid) . All the electrics seem to work. Its completey original, with factory sunroof.

First things first... get this cassette player out and CD player in. Not so easy I'd guess.... Looks like I'm going to need to mine this forum quite alot....!
    Looks nice and clean, Ed.

Stereo is easy enough although complicated compared to more modern vehicles. You need to remove the heater panel knobs, driver's side lower dash panel, passenger side lower dash panel and glovebox. 2 bolts and a few screws. The stereo is bolted into a steel carrier rather than in a slide-out cage. Its pretty self explanatory once you get all the plastic out of the way.

You'll need an ISO adapter like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC2-17-4-Toyot...item2304acb511
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

Thanks Ross, I've bought the lead and I'll get a stereo next. I'll get a cheapie, as it looks like a hard stare is enough to get past the door locks!

Took it (her?) for a spin on the M40. 70mph was effortless and stable and there seems theres plenty more to be had.

Full lock has none of the knocking that I have read about here.

Brakes are so spongy but do stop - not sure what to expect; I guess its old and heavy - think I'll get them checked out as I have kids and don't want to take any chances.

Everything else seems fine! Wish I had a handbook though...

Comment

Lots of info here....
        http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/

Click on the 'Downloads / articles' at the bottom of the page too!

Comment

Outstanding! You don't get this service from Toyota on a new car. This forum rocks. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
            Looks nice and clean, Ed.

You'll need an ISO adapter like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC2-17-4-Toyot...item2304acb511
            Stereo is done - not as bad as I feared. Fitted an immobiliser at the same time, while I was getting all that plastic out - just for the archive, this isn't the right ISO lead for this car as it turned out. The company was a great tip though and they have tons of good stuff.

Comment

Nice to see you got your priorities right....Stereo!........lol
              Welcome

Shirl Yes girls ( well stretching it a bit ...erm mature women ) do drive them too....even 4' 10'' ones

Comment

Originally posted by shirley53 View Post
                Nice to see you got your priorities right....Stereo!........lol
                Welcome

Shirl Yes girls ( well stretching it a bit ...erm mature women ) do drive them too....even 4' 10'' ones
                Hi Shirl. 4,10" , eh?.....Just looked at your profile pic. Were you standing up next to the dog, in that shot?............Cheers....Mick.
                " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hello welcome!
                  “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Working...
                  X