No announcement yet.

Plasma TV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there still the NSTC v PAL fun and games with French TV? An English TV used to be no use in France..
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
      Is there still the NSTC v PAL fun and games with French TV? An English TV used to be no use in France..
      AFAIK PAL, NTSC and SECAM describe methods to transmit analog signals. Not sure if this carries over with digital? There is this whole 25fps v 30fps thing with HD though, obviously the more the better, however blueray can only support 25fps due to the format. Which seems pretty poor to me.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
        Possibly!
        When we first arrived,5 years ago,the television would not recieve any terrestrial signals at all.It was'nt a problem for us as we used our Sky box anyway.
        A couple of years ago I bought a French Free to air decoder,and realized I had'nt missed much, French TV is awfull!!,but the kids like the cartoon channel,and it helps them with their French.
        Since then,like the UK the anolouge signals are gradually being turned off,so you must have a decoder!

Regards

Mark

Comment

Anyone tried one of these...

http://www.saverpoint.com/xenta-hdmi...dle-6964-p.asp

I used to have a huge dish, capable of getting sky and such, but after I lost bbc and itv when they tightened the footprint over the UK I lost interest.

English T.V.'s never used to work here because Of PAL 1 and PAL 2 conflicts. I think the newer ones do.

Anyway, if you live abroad, get an ISP hider and you can watch bbc and itv on your computer.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Albannach, I find films more involving if my eyes have to move around the screen to take things in. That was the main impact my first 'big screen' telly had on me. Cinema works that way. Each to his own though.
            Andy, I find my eyes do that anyway after a few pints of Ringwoods!!!

Cheers, Nick
            "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
              Anyway, if you live abroad, get an ISP hider and you can watch bbc and itv on your computer.
              How does that work then?

Would be right handy cause I could send the wife upstairs to watch strictly come prancing on a saturday night

Comment

I pay 12 quid and that gives me 3 months.

You can try it for free. Here

I run the settings on Chrome and leave my firefox settings as normal.
                Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

i pay nothing i hate the tv
                  i pay the licance tho to the bbc becuse i have to for the wife

i would rather shoot my own toes off
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                    i pay nothing i hate the tv
                    i pay the licance tho to the bbc becuse i have to for the wife

i would rather shoot my own toes off
                    Did you get out the wrong side of the bed this morning or have you shot your toes off?

Cheers, Nick
                    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
                      Did you get out the wrong side of the bed this morning or have you shot your toes off?

Cheers, Nick
                      it shows?
                      i dint shoot my toes off tho
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Can't see well enough to shoot straight ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                        X