80 amp fuse removal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 amp fuse removal.

Good and bad news, Just found out my cold starting problems was down down to blown fuse. I have read a thread about unbolting the fuse box to unbolt and remove the fuse which I have done but it seems the fusebox is a completley moulded box any ideas, can I repair/bidge the fuse as a temp fix to get me to work........? Thanks.

Problem sorted just found that the bottom of the box unclips. Just got to find the fuses fixing points, eyes watering freezing cold not very easy...

Comment

Hi Dave, do you need a spare fuse? I have a couple here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Hi Dave, do you need a spare fuse? I have a couple here.
        I will take you up on that Vince thank you. I no its not I ideal But what I done was solder the gap on the blown fuseThere is still enough fuse left either side to blow if needs be.....Honest Do you have any tips on getting to the fuse fixings. The Glow Plugs now know what they are there for ! the Truck fired up better than it has done for ages. Let me know how much you want for fuse Mate or do you want some more bits and bobs etc ? I have no more tube as yet.Did you manage to shine the other bits up ? Thanks.
        Last edited by Webbo; 26 November 2010, 15:37.

Comment

No payment necessary mate. I'll wait 'till you get more tube off-cuts, I'm OK for a while now, thanks.

Yes, had a go at buffing the tube and it shines up quite easy.

p.s. You can delete your address now I have witten it down, ta.

Comment

How to get at the fuse fixings after removal of the two bolts (10mm socket)holding the fuse box to the inner wing....
            Next to the Glo fuse there's a tab that needs pressing with a screwdriver to release the two fuses, they're housed in a seperate holder...

Once the tab has been pressed, the fuse holder can be pushed through and out the bottom of the fuse box...

The fuses are held in by a nut either side. Some some reason Toyota thought they would have a laugh and use two different sized nuts. (8mm and 10mm sockets needed)

Comment

Thanks very much Vince, your a star.

Comment

Working...
              X