1st time 4x4 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time 4x4 owner

Hello, the very nice chap we bought our Hilux Surf off (Ben) pointed me in the direction of this forum so I thought I'd pop on and introduce myself and our new toy.

She's a 3.0 V6 SSRG with a Recaro interior and a bit of a suspention lift (done by Lee's Autos). Link to a piccy of the old girl when we picked her up below:
    http://file.walagata.com/w/limeymk1/21112010103_0.jpg

There are a couple of bits of cosmetic odds and ends to do to get her spot on but otherwise she's very sound and handled the trip back from Plymouth to Portsmouth without a hitch.

Very impressed.

Now if only I could prise the keys out of the other halfs hand and return her MR2. I only got to drive for the test drive on Sunday. lol

Hi and welcome. Just wait til shes watching and rev the nuts of the MR2 wheel spinning down the road, she will soon say your never driving my car again
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hi - Welcome

I wish my wife would nikc the keys, means then she would have passed her test and then we'd have one each...

Comment

Hello.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
          Hi and welcome. Just wait til shes watching and rev the nuts of the MR2 wheel spinning down the road, she will soon say your never driving my car again
          I'm not sure that would work. I do rather enjoy driving the MR2 although the heaters not brill and the passenger side T-bar leaks a bit.

We're a bit of a Toyota orientated family with the Mk2 MR2, Surf, an ST182 Celica and my project Mk1 MR2 (V6).

I noticed after I started the thread that Ben had the Surf advertised here:
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66621

Looking forward to taking the Surf over some rough stuff, my 1st driving lesson was in a Fourtrak in Somalia at the age of 13 so I was influenced early in life.

Comment

Hi.

Always nice to have another petrolhead on board.

Comment

Ooooh, didn't notice...it's a petrol one...nice.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi and welcome....

Sure Stormy can find you the parts you need.......

Click the smiley to win a prize.....

Remember arrows are silent.....................
                Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Welcome, Chris. Enjoy you new Surf and enjoy the forum....Cheers....Mick,
                  " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Nice truck

Welcome

peace
                    cal
                    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Cheers chaps,

One thing I meant to ask, does anyone have a workshop manual for the V6? I try to get pdf versions for my cars if possible.

Paul I'll get onto Stormy re the parts, all I need is a front bumper and n/s rear door unless I can repair the one on the truck. Also the rear window needs some assistance getting up in the cold (what doesn't), is it easy enough to get to to lubricate the runners etc?

Gracias

Comment

Would be interested to see how you squeezed a V6 into a Mk1!

There wasn't a huge amount of room for the 1600, never mind anything bigger - though I did hear of 3S-GTE's being squeezed in.

I had a black Mk1 10ish years ago. Loads of fun, even with the revvy little 1600 - and an ST205 up til a couple of months back.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Easy enough just take your time and mind yer fingers....

Before you swap out the nearside rear door, for your information read this
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=65282
                          Remember arrows are silent.....................
                          Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                            Would be interested to see how you squeezed a V6 into a Mk1!

There wasn't a huge amount of room for the 1600, never mind anything bigger - though I did hear of 3S-GTE's being squeezed in.

I had a black Mk1 10ish years ago. Loads of fun, even with the revvy little 1600 - and an ST205 up til a couple of months back.
                            Just like that:

Ahzazaza!

It's a VVTi 1MZFE from an RX300, I did cheat with the throttle bodies as it meant I didn't have to realign the top of the rear firewall. It's been an utter shit to get running, hopefully we'll have some progress this weekend.

Current list of engines that have been shoehorned into the Mk1 is quite long (3VZ-FE, 1MZ-FE, 2GR-FE, both 3S varients, rover V8, 2zz-ge, starlet turbo etc) with the biggest so far being an Audi V8 I think.
                            Last edited by Chris W; 25 November 2010, 11:39.

Comment

welcome dude
                              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                              X