Hawk Stratos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk Stratos

Just been on Top Gear repeat again. The sound of that Alfa V6 through those short pipes... (where's the 'messed in my pants' smiley?)

Thats my next goal I think - build a Hawk Stratos. An automotive wet-dream!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

do it do it do it and let me have a go i promise to use a jonny
    http://www.mudmuppet.com

Comment

Comment

Hawk Stratos... "for the man who has everything".....sounds like a quality aftershave

Back in the day Baby

Comment

One day, you'll be driving past a glass shop front and you'll catch sight of its reflection... then it will all be worth it.

Comment

I tried a friends car a few years ago. Superb looks, soundtrack to die for but very tricky to keep on the road if wet. You needed more skill than I had!Pretty noisy in the cabin as well.
            Go for it,
            Mark

Comment

I used to have a Stratos in "Alitalia" livery. Fast as you like, looks to die for, but yes, very easy to stuff into the scenery.

Fortunately it was a remote-controlled one from Tandys .

There is a nice Stratos kit car that potters around Nottingham, it's orange on fat gold five-spokes but it looks correct, if you know what I mean. Sounds loud too.

I was disappointed to see the Hawk was so bad on TG. I know short wheel base and rwd is always going to be "Fun" but the rally drivers seemed to make best use of this configuration. Poor setup on the Hawk?
              Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                I was disappointed to see the Hawk was so bad on TG. I know short wheel base and rwd is always going to be "Fun" but the rally drivers seemed to make best use of this configuration. Poor setup on the Hawk?
                Probably poor setup. It was dipping loads (and unevenly) when braking, so I expect shock setup and brake bias miles out!

Comment

Working...
                X